Looking for some recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pinkstonm

Original poster
May 27, 2020
New to the game, I have a green egg but want another grill that is easier to get going each time.

I looked at the Yoder line and love how heavy duty they are but they are very hard to get. Anyone have good recommendations for a really good sturdy made pellet grill/smoke. Would prefer US made.

I like my CampChef 24 just fine.
The ash dump and pellet dump features are a big plus.
I've done quite a few 24 hour cooks on briskets and pork butts and it chugs right along.

was looking at the rec tec rt590 just me and my wife but no smoke stack?
how is the standard cart wheels

was looking at the rec tec rt590 just me and my wife but no smoke stack?
how is the standard cart wheels
The 590 unit/cart is quite stable. Yoder is a bit more money but I think you would be pleased with either RT or CC.
If in cold climate, cover is not available for 590. I'm going to try to cobble something out of welding blanket soon.

My mother in laws husband just got the Rec Tec 700. He got the idea for one from my Pit Boss that I got a few years ago. Kinda hoping he tips over soon and I get the grill! :emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

I went ahead and ordered the rt590 with the competition cart (looks cool)...

Will give an update when it gets in

Reactions: Buttah Butts
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky