Looking for reviews on different Pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use Lumber Jack pellets. They give a very nice and clean smoke flavor. I don't use them as my main fuel source just for smoke. Depending on what I am making, I will use the Amazin pellet tube or just toss a handful into the ash pan and let the dropping embers ignite them.

Got a good deal on cooking pellets. Haven't use the cookinpellets ones yet.
With he LJ pellets I need a bit more smoke flavor?

I did a blind taste test with my family on LJ vs Cookin' Pellets 100% hickory and none of us could tell them apart.

Reactions: sweetride95
I did a blind taste test with my family on LJ vs Cookin' Pellets 100% hickory and none of us could tell them apart.

I haven't done a blind, side by side test. I have more or less come to the same conclusion. I'm generally a 100% hickory guy. I'm more about convenience and $/lb versus being hardcore single brand guy.

Make seense, they are both 100% hickory and both are quality.

I use Cookin Pellets Hickory but thtas because y bought a 40lb bag before i discovered Lumber Jack. Cookin Pellets is limited on options (Hickory, Black Cherry, Apple blend, and Perfect Mix) so which lead me to discover Lumber Jack.

I would not hesitate to buy Cookin Pellets brand. My case is the LJ has the variety and is way more readily available for me.
I imagine i will have my 40(now probably 30) pound bag of CP for a while and will enjoy it ! :)

I think I have located Lumberjack. I usually smoke with Apple. Apple Blend or 100% Apple. Is there a big difference?

I use the 100% apple, but lumberjack is going to phase out the 100% and go with apple blend. I have 5 different lumberjack pellets I buy and mix my own blends depending on what I am cooking. Fortunately I only use the Apple now and then and usually mix with cherry. I ordered 120# of 100% apple to use longer term.
THe 100% apple does cost more then the blend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky