Looking for new Grilled Shrimp recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't usually measure the ingredients, I just throw them together, but here is my easy BBQ shrimp recipe:

Melt 1/2 cup butter
Add 2-4 TBS of your favorite BBQ rub. Jeff's works well
Add 1 tsp of salt
Add black pepper to your preference. 1-4 tsp
A good squirt of lemon or lime juice.

Put shrimp in bag.
Pour marinade into bag.
Massage shrimp to mix.
Set aside for 15-20 minutes.

I usually buy large enough shrimp that I don't have to skewer them to grill.
So from the bag straight to the grill.
I tend to grill them until they start showing char marks and call them done.

I love Blackened Seafood. If you leave the Sugar out of the Rub below, you have my Blackening Seasoning...JJ

Cajun Rib Tickler

1C Tubinado or Dried Brown Sugar*

1/4C Paprika**
2T Kosher Salt
2T Garlic Powder
2T Onion Powder
2T Mustard Powder
2T Chili Powder
2tsp Black Pepper
2tsp White Pepper
1-2tsp Cayenne
2tsp Dry Oregano
2tsp Dry Thyme
2tsp Cry Celery Flakes
1tsp Celery Seed

Grind the Oregano, Thyme, Celery Flake and Seed. Mix all and store in air tight container, up to 3 months...

Notes...* Leave out the Sugar for a Cajun Blackening Spice. Spinkle a lot or a little, on whatever meat, dip in melted Butter or Olive oil and saute in a very hot pan until cooked to your desired IT.

** If you wish you can use Smoked Paprika in the recipe. This will give a seasoning that will add some "Smokey flavor" to Grilled, Sauteed, Fried or Roasted meat, not just stuff you smoke.

Mix and store in an air tight container...JJ

Grilled Chimichurri shrimp is my go too when I get fresh Spot prawns which are actually shrimp and the best shrimp on the planet bar none.

If I don't make the chimichurri shrimp I make these grilled shrimp and people go absolutely nuts over them.

1619592032223.png

1619592396918.png
:emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

• Haha
Reactions: chef jimmyj
I've heard that before, but have never had the opportunity to get them. Maybe one day...
Cold deep water is what makes them so good I swear they are so sweet you can rip their heads off and eat them right out of the ocean raw I've done it many hundreds of times. We run shrimp pots tied to the top of our Dungeness crab pots which we set in 150- 225' deep here in NorCal out of the Golden Gate.:emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Dang! Im Jealous. Locally, it's Frozen Chinese Farm Shrimp. They are ok but a Shadow of what Domestic Shrimp taste like....JJ

I stumbled on Chef Paul's Magic, in the early 90's when Blackened Anything was all the rage. It is Excellent and the inspiration for what I make...JJ

Reactions: forktender
They catch then from Mexico all the way up to Alaska.
Pretty much the whole west coast. But the further north you go the better they are.
The deep cold water does something magical too them.

Last edited:
There were some spirited conversations as to whether Prudome was a little bit responsible for the over-fishing and slot limit of redfish.
And Mr Morton was responsible for high blood pressure across the globe.:emoji_fearful::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

The 90's saw some excesses with other seafood too. I tried Chilean Sea Bass, a marketing name for what was an underutilized fish, in the early 90's. It was Delicious and I ate it every chance I got the hunger for Fin Fish. . Everyone in the States agreed and soon virtually every decent restauarnt added it to their menu or ran specials. Within 10 years, the price tripled plus and Chilean Sea Bass was becoming scarce. The Vendors still pushed what was caught because they were making money and the fisherman were making money because of Consumer Demand. By 2000, the word went out thru Chefs Associations to Boycott the Fish.
Fortunately over the next ten years the fish populations recovered and Chilean Seas Bass is available but will no longer be pushed to low levels in resaurant sales...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky