looking for double garlic recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

born2shoot

Original poster
Dec 17, 2015
anyone have a double or heavy garlic recipe for smoking they are willing to share?

If you want heavy garlic just take a recipe you like the look of and start upping the garlic, test fry, and continue until it's too your liking. Everyone has different tastes so custom make one for you. Most garlic sausage is basic, just garlic,pepper and salt. Maybe some marjoram if you want the kielbasa taste.

My opinion
Corey

There are not many sausage recipes that I don't increase the garlic amount. So
C Coreymacc is on the right track.

But I will share a funny story. 8 or 10 years ago a guy posted a sausage recipe on one of the ceramic cooking forums, and I replied "I'm guessing there are probably only 5 sausage recipes that I haven't felt the need to automatically increase the amount of garlic that is called out..... now there is a 6th". He responded by saying I was one of his inspirations when designing the recipe. Oh boy.... pretty flattering, but he was right, this is garlicky. I have never stuffed this, only made in bulk for pizza topping, spaghetti, lasagna, or sausage patties. And since this a 2-1/4 pound batch give it a try.

Klaireek's Garlic Italian Sausage (2-1/4 Pound Batch)
2-1/4 pounds ground pork
3/4 T Black Pepper
3/4 T Kosher salt
2 t Garlic Pepper (this was an adder by me)
1 t toasted fennel seeds
3/8 t dried basil
1/4 t Cayenne
1/8 Cup minced garlic
1/2 Cup iced water
Mix ingredients, adding icy water as needed for the right texture.

If you want heavy garlic just take a recipe you like the look of and start upping the garlic, test fry, and continue until it's too your liking. Everyone has different tastes so custom make one for you. Most garlic sausage is basic, just garlic,pepper and salt. Maybe some marjoram if you want the kielbasa taste.

My opinion
Corey
Looking for a new recipe to try as a starting point. if someone has a double garlic even better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky