Looking for Cherry Wood!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

liquiddirt

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Louisiana
I live in Gonzales, Louisiana, the Jambalaya capitol of the world, but sadly no cherry trees :( Does anyone know of a good place to order cherry wood online? I have found a few spots but the shipping is a tad much. Thank you all in advance.

Goose

Have you tried Ebay? I was considering selling cherry myself till I started making the necessary applications and such. Would have cost me more than I could aford thanks to the folks who protect us from ourselves! I mean the state govenment!

I did a search on ebay as part of my pricing research and there are several outlets there for cherry.

Best O' Luck!
Cheers!

Check your yellow pages for an outdoors store or a grill store. These stores that cater to grillers are popping up everywhere. Then compare their prices with what can be found on the internet. Bass Pro and Cabella's is also popping up everywhere. Try them before you waste a lot of money on shipping. Also check with any local orchards and tree trimmers.

Try Lowes or Home Depot, they carry it up here. Also I can get it from my True Value Store.

This is who I used for apple, the package ended up being around $40 for 40 pounds, but for where I am it's worth it. If you have any silver buttonwood locally that's pretty good smoking wood.

Rodger..
Thanks for the link...that place is relatively close to me here...so shipping shouldn't be a problem...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks Rodger...I'll have to make a correction...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

KeyWesSmoke..Thanks for posting the link for wood.....hope you can find some that isn't going to kill you on the shipping....

i worked at the Jambalaya festival last year... sadly i didnt get to eat many bowls of jambalaya but i had some awesome pulled pork sammies and some pretty good boudin balls...

Thank you all for the help. Many good links to follow. For those of you coming to the Jambalaya Festival in Gonzales that want to eat Jambalaya, make sure you get the Pork and Sausage Jambalaya. The chicken Jambalaya is what we use for the contest. I really don't like that one much because most of the chicken falls apart and you have alot of bones in your food. The Pork and Sausage one taste better anyway.

Goose

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky