Looking for a source to purchase wood (Athens, Georgia area)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Do you have an Academy sports near you.you can buy 50# bags of pecan,hickory and mesquite for about 10 dollars each.

There sure is one nearby me! I had no idea they sold wood there - awesome! I'm new to the Athens area, and I've been to Academy a couple of times to buy sportswear, but it never occured to me that they sold wood. Sweet - thanks!

PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Hey guys and gals,

I found a good source for wood chips ...Amazon sells Weber chips in Pecan, Cherry, Apple, Mesquite, and Hickory a 3# bag for $3.99. If you order from them and your total order is at least $25 there is no charge for shipping. Also there is no sales tax. both together can add up to a nice saving. Additionally the bag weight is 3# whereas most others are only 2# and many cost more as well. I did shop around and this seems to be the best deal, at least the best one I could find for chips, plus they have the variety of woods available. I bought all 5 .

jfkiii

Yesterday, I was in the local Lowes store and they had bags of wood chips at a not bad price.  They are a pretty big chain so you might find one in your area.

Hardware stores here also stock wood chips, both Ace and Service Master.

Well, I ended up going to my local Academy Sports store and sure enough, they have huge bags of mini logs - pecan, mesquite and hickory for $10. Great buy. I bought a bag of hickory to smoke a turkey this past Sat and it was awesome. Thanks for the suggestions, folks!

Why buy it ? I have a local guy who trades me wood regularly all i do is smoke him 4-6 slabs of ribs that he purchases .Sweet deal half a truck load of seasoned split oak or hickory for about 5 hours of my time doing what i like to do ! Pkerchef 
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky