Looking for a place to eat good BBQ in HoustonTx

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbrock

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 13, 2009
Richmond Ky
Hello friends. Am going to be in Houston Tx in a few weeks. It will be my first time in Houston. Dose anyone know of a BBQ joint that can not be passed up if you are in Houston. I have seen a few on TV down in that area but I thought I would ask the great people of here. Am sure there are some people from that area on here.If anyone has any info please let me know.Am just wanting some good TX BBQ. Thanks.

What days are you gonna be down?  Goode BBQ is the best known in Houston but I prefer the Pitmaster on the northside.  stay away from papa's spring creek bbq is ok.

Spring Creek BBQ- Good brisket.  If you go to the one on Highway 6 the guy cutting the meat sings your order... Me-"I'll have a brisket plate"- Him "1 BeeeVo"

Rudy's is good.  Goode is real good.  Can't go wrong with Lyndon's for pulled pork. Mo's used to have (not sure if it's still on the menu) a ginourmas BBQ stuffed potato called the Bubba.  It was named after Bubba Brown who owned the local hardware store (Bubba's Hardware of course) in Humble just outside of Houston. And of course Demaris bbq is one of the oldest.  Demaris is where my father in law ate himself into his first triple bypass 25 years ago.  Lot's of smaller local places that are excellent but you won't go wrong with any of the ones I listed.  Whatever you do NEVER order bbq in your hotel restaurant.

Bubba still has that hardware store I live not to far from it.  I forgot about MO's it is decent food at a real good price.  If you are coming to Houston and want a real Texas BBQ experience and have the time head up north on I45 to Huntsville Texas to the Church of Holy Smoke.  It is the Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church BBQ it is always in the top 10 places to visit in Texas Monthly and I am kinda partial to is since I went to college in Huntsville.  It is about an hours drive but when is the next time you are going to be able to visit a Texas BBQ icon.  It is different from the old German Smokehouses of Central Texas but good in every way.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/new-zion-missionary-baptist-church-barbeque-huntsville

Thanks for the info. I will be in Houston Oct 14th-18th. It is nice to have people share some thoughts it is a big help. I have been looking at some places but it is hard to pick out a place because they all claim to have the best bbq.lol

Thanks for all then info guys it will be a great deal of help picking at least one if not a few places out.lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky