Looking For a Pickle Juice Recipe for Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoker1949

Original poster
Oct 7, 2017
My family and I eat alot of chicken different ways and I have been smoking my own meats for about 10 years now. Just recently, I heard where if you marinate your chicken in pickle juice(don't know which kind or for how long) it's suppose to give it a juicer flavor and taste. Can anyone chime in on this with any advice or a recipe that I could try, Thank You.

Kosher dill pickle juice is what I use. I just save the juice from the jar when the pickles are gone. I usually marinate the chicken overnight or 12 hrs. whichever comes first in a gallon zip lock bag. Flip every couple of hours. You can add seasoning to the brine if you want. I don't usually. When you take the chicken out of the brine pat it dry and add your seasoning. Cook the chicken however you want. I like doing breast meat this way. Once the chicken is out of the brine I'll season it with either Italian seasoning or lemon garlic seasoning and give a dredging of flour, egg, and bread crumbs. From there you can turn it into chicken parm or a good chicken sammie with an added slice of tomato and some lettuce. Give it try. I think you'll like it.

Note: I wouldn't marinate over 20 hours. The texture of the chicken will change.

Chris

I usually have pickle juice laying around due to me pickling just about anything that moves! But I often use this for pickle shots. And marinating bird. It can be found on Amazon. And it is very good.
I usually marinate chicken for a couple to 4 hours depending on how thick the meat is.
P4210014.jpg

Here's a couple . One grilled no breading .
Boneless breast .

Boneless thighs in the air fryer . Could use an oven too . Works best to remove the skin .

We do go through alot of pickles in our family, never thought of keeping the juice for chicken brine, going to start saving it and give it a try. Thanks to all for giving me some guidelines to start with. Will post results soon as I try. Thanks to all.

I've marinated chicken in pickle juice, and I find that its so strong you have to be mindful of the marinating time. I want a background flavor not pickle tasting chicken.

Ask the people at your local fast food joint or diner to save you a 5 gal bucket full, or you can always buy this and make your own.

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky