Looking for a good spicy bbq sauce recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timmyt509

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Nebraska
If anyone is willing to share a good recipe for a spicy bbq sauce I would really appreciate it. I am cooking for a wedding and the groom likes spicy sauce.

Ditto.  I've tried to make sauce and quite frankly, it sucked.  Come on, y'all!
popcorn.gif

Try this, it's a good one:

[h1]Chipotle Barbecue sauce[/h1]
  • 2 cups ketchup
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 cans chipotle chilies (smoked jalapenos), chopped
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
[h3]Preparation:[/h3]
Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add onions and garlic. Sauté until soft. Stir in brown sugar, celery salt and black pepper. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until the sauce thickens.

This is my families BBQ sauce, I won't bore you with the stories. It is most definitely West Texas BBQ sauce.

2 gal. good quality Ketchup

2C liquid smoke

4C Light Brown Sugar

2C Lea & Perrins

2T Crushed Cayenne

2T Crushed Black Pepper

1T Ground Cloves (you want spicy, double the Cloves)

Boil it for 20 mins, thinning (if needed), with apple juice & apple vinegar (personally you can't get it too thick).

This sauce will stick to the meat and its pretty dang tastee! Some folks don't want smoke in their sauce, I do. It makes a huge difference. Be careful with the cloves...... they'll hurt ya.

You do know using the search function there is a huge recipe base to draw from, also Jeff I hear has a sauce that'll drive folks wild!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky