looking at upgrading from the pit boss

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mkorish

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 18, 2016
Right now i have a pit boss 820 and im looking to upgrade. This is where i need every ones help

Heres what im looking for.....
-grill/smoker in one
-Keep price under a 1k
-Good quailty and customer service

Last edited:
If you liked your pit boss, take a look at the Louisiana smoker. It is from Dansons, the same guys who own pit boss. I really like their side burn system, which is much like the system used in a Yoder. (MUCH better than pit boss burn system, which is the same burn system as Traeger).
Support has always been great. Their sear unit makes it work great as a grill.
We use the Louisiana as our "everyday" unit at home.

I'm loving my Camp Chef Smokepro STX more and more with each use. That's about half your budget so the Woodwind with sear box might be up your alley. I had Pitboss for about 3 days until i returned it to get the CC. I had 100+ temp swings on the PitBoss and i just couldnt accept it.

I have the Daniel Boone model from Green Mountain Grills. Very well built unit. I added a product called grill grates and am able to produce great sear action utilizing the grill (see attached).

Attachments

• IMG_1955.JPG
    IMG_1955.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 28
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky