Lookin for thoughts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

There it is

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Was wondering if anybody has tried Smokin Brothers 100% natural flavor pellets. I haven't seen any discussion about them on here. But to be fair i haven't seen or read every thread on here. I've been using them for about a year now in my mes 140s with AMNPS without any issues. I have tried some pellets from Todd also with no issues. Both seem to burn the same and have pretty much the same flavor. But this is just one man's opinion.

In all fairness I'm not sure how many pellet makers there are, a lot of products are made by the same companys and rebranded , I prefer 100% target wood but blended pellets are not always bad, just different imo.

Yeah that is pretty much my thoughts on pellets from my research. But i do prefer 100% wood flavor over blended.

Was wondering if anybody has tried Smokin Brothers 100% natural flavor pellets. I haven't seen any discussion about them on here. But to be fair i haven't seen or read every thread on here. I've been using them for about a year now in my mes 140s with AMNPS without any issues. I have tried some pellets from Todd also with no issues. Both seem to burn the same and have pretty much the same flavor. But this is just one man's opinion.

Hi there and welcome!

I've never seen or heard of Smokin Brothers 100% pellets but if they are local to you in Wisconsin then I would not be surprised if they are rebranded Lumberjack Pellets.
I believe Lumberjack is out of Wisconsin as well and they are one of the main pellet people who do 100% pellets of the wood labeled on the bag, unless they clearly state otherwise.

If they are rebranded Lumberjack Pellets then you my friend are using what I consider to be arguably the cream of the crop brand :)

Enjoy them and if you are doing beef, see if you can get your hands on 100% Mesquite to use with your AMNPS. Prepared to be wowed on the beef smoked with the 100% mesquite! :)

Well the are actually out of cape Girardeau MO. They make pellet grills and smokers. Can't really say if they make their own or not,but yes i do get them locally for 20 bucks or so for 20 lbs. And as a side note as we speak im using my new Auber ws1510 elmp pid controller I'm doing on of bear's dbl smoked hams. Holding at 200 degrees like a champ. Had to move my AMNPS to my not a mailbox mod as it was causing temp changes that the auber was having a difficult time adjusting for so i moved it outside of my mes 140s gen 1.5. I hope to one of these days when i get the tech stuff figured out to be posting some pics my setup and smokes.

Well the are actually out of cape Girardeau MO. They make pellet grills and smokers. Can't really say if they make their own or not,but yes i do get them locally for 20 bucks or so for 20 lbs. And as a side note as we speak im using my new Auber ws1510 elmp pid controller I'm doing on of bear's dbl smoked hams. Holding at 200 degrees like a champ. Had to move my AMNPS to my not a mailbox mod as it was causing temp changes that the auber was having a difficult time adjusting for so i moved it outside of my mes 140s gen 1.5. I hope to one of these days when i get the tech stuff figured out to be posting some pics my setup and smokes.

The main thing is that you find pellets that are good and work well for you :)

Yeah like any smoker setup, it takes some tweaking and playing with to get everything figured out and dialed in. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky