Look who is cold smoking cheese AND butter baby!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mmm...smoked cheese is the best!!  Looks terrific Josie, nicely done!  

points.gif

Happy Holidays Friend!!  
icon14.gif

Red
Happy Holidays to you and yours Red.  Thanks for the points my smoking friend!

Josie

JOSIE !!!!!  Have we passed in the dark ??   or am I slow in keeping up ??    Great cold smoking thread....   Enjoy the winter....  

Dave

Looks great, did you cut the blocks of cheese before smoking them? I've smoked cheese twice now and the middle doesn't seem to get much smoke in it. I vacuum seal it and leave it for 1 week before cutting into it. Should I leave it in longer before cutting into it? I smoke it for 3 hrs. with Hickory/cherry blend.

JOSIE !!!!!  Have we passed in the dark ??   or am I slow in keeping up ??    Great cold smoking thread....   Enjoy the winter....  

Dave
haha Dave ~ no we haven't passed by in the dark and you are not slow in keeping up lol...I have been super busy with catering gigs so I stop by the forum when I can.  Hope you are well and enjoying the Holiday Season.  Be Blessed my friend and you enjoy the winter also. 

Josie

Looks great, did you cut the blocks of cheese before smoking them? I've smoked cheese twice now and the middle doesn't seem to get much smoke in it. I vacuum seal it and leave it for 1 week before cutting into it. Should I leave it in longer before cutting into it? I smoke it for 3 hrs. with Hickory/cherry blend.
Hi EMSEMT. The first batch I cut my blocks of cheese in half and I ran into the same problem as you did.

so for the second batch I cut my cheese into smaller chunks and it was perfect.  I am learning as I go with cold smoking cheese lol.  Good thing I'm getting some positive feedback from my buddies on the forum.  According to my SMF buddies they say the longer your cheese ages the better the flavor.  The problem I have is my cheese don't last that long lol.  So here's what I'm doing now..........I don't tell anyone I have smoked cheese for sale LOL.  That way I can age it a little bit longer. Have a blessed Holiday Season EMSEMT.  Josie 

Depending on what you are going to do with your cheese, but this is what I do.  You can re-stack it back into a brick before storage if you would like.

Post 33 of this thread

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/152459/dedicated-whiskey-barrel-cold-smoker/20

Good luck to you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky