Long time follower first time poster

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daryls

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 1, 2017
W/Central MN
Enjoy all the great info that is shared. Have an mb30, Weber Genesis, Weber charcoal, Weber q 1200 and 2200. I use a smoker tube and a maze. I would like to add a pellet smoker to my collection. I've been looking at the camp chef with the ability to sear over the open flame. Only me and wife so don't feel the need for a large smoker. Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from the Hoosier State! Sounds to me like you have a significant case of G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome) like many of us here. You'll fit right in! :emoji_laughing:

Welcome from Kentucky! I own a Camp Chef that has the slide and grill searing option. As a matter of fact, I bought it because it has that feature, but I really never use it much. It takes awhile for it to get up to searing temps, and it really doesn't get hot enough to get a good sear. I'm totally satisfied with the way it performs otherwise, so if you like the rest of the features, add on the propane sidekick and use that for searing. I don't have the sidekick burner for mine yet, but it's on the list.

Reactions: daryls
Welcome from a NW Minnesotan that has the survival sense to go to Florida for the winter.

Where do you winter?
Sioux Falls, SD is our permanent residence. It is a stop off between Florida or AZ. Unfortunately this winter has to stay and endure the snow in SD.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky