Long hot peppers = spicy vinegar

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Robert tx smoker tx smoker was talking to me about spicy vinegar. I have a touch over 3 quarts of his recipe. And was thinking about using other peppers as well. So, I found some Long hot peppers. And while their heat level can vary like crazy. I figured it would turn out interesting either way.

PC130224.jpg

Divided in 3 one quart mason jars.

PC130225.jpg

Boiled a 50/50 blend of white and cider vinegar.

PC130226.jpg

Filled up. And capped. Give them a week or so then try them out. Then I'll put them in some better looking bottles.

Robert tx smoker tx smoker was talking to me about spicy vinegar. I have a touch over 3 quarts of his recipe. And was thinking about using other peppers as well. So, I found some Long hot peppers. And while their heat level can vary like crazy. I figured it would turn out interesting either way.

View attachment 423825

Divided in 3 one quart mason jars.

View attachment 423826

Boiled a 50/50 blend of white and cider vinegar.

View attachment 423827

Filled up. And capped. Give them a week or so then try them out. Then I'll put them in some better looking bottles.
Yum, I flat out love pepper vinegar, try adding some salt to one jar Steve....I add a tea spoon per jar.

I use pepper vinegar like it's going out of style, I always have a bottle on the kitchen table.
Those Japanese long peppers are awesome grilled with smoked sea salt and lots of fresh lime juice. I make them by the pan full when I smoke briskets, butts or ribs, everyone loves snacking on them while sipping a cold beer.

Yum, I flat out love pepper vinegar, try adding some salt to one jar Steve....I add a tea spoon per jar.

I use pepper vinegar like it's going out of style, I always have a bottle on the kitchen table.
Those Japanese long peppers are awesome grilled with smoked sea salt and lots of fresh lime juice. I make them by the pan full when I smoke briskets, butts or ribs, everyone loves snacking on them while sipping a cold beer.

I thought about that. And now I am going to add that now. The liquid is still plenty warm enough. Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't even heat the vinegar when I make it , I'm lazy.
I just toss everything in and shake it up, most of the salt melts in a day or two, I just keep adding vinegar and peppers to it as needed. I've had the same big Patron bottle going for well over a year, I add all sorts of peppers to it.
I haven't killed anybody with it yet......LOL!!!

We like it of fried fish, chicken, pork and rice.

I don't even heat the vinegar when I make it , I'm lazy.
I just toss everything in and shake it up, most of the salt melts in a day or two, I just keep adding vinegar and peppers to it as needed. I've had the same big Patron bottle going for well over a year, I add all sorts of peppers to it.
I haven't killed anybody with it yet......LOL!!!

We like it of fried fish, chicken, pork and rice.

Now that is a perfect use for that bottle. Perhaps that bottle of Redemption rye will have a new life soon! I've used the vinegar on veggies. Last night it was steamed Broccoli. I've always put vinegar on some veggies. But this really does kick things up.

Reactions: forktender
I have the bartender at the little bar down the street from me save me a few bottles and make up a batch and give them to friends for Christmas. Anytime I see a cool bottle I ask the gal to save them for me, I always bring her BBQ so she makes sure I get them. My favorite bottles to give away as gifts are the Crystal Head Vodka bottles.
1576264013619.png

It's actually getting a little harder on me but I can't push it away just yet.
Boy, it sure does suck getting old.

I have the bartender at the little bar down the street from me save me a few bottles and make up a batch and give them to friends for Christmas. Anytime I see a cool bottle I ask the gal to save them for me, I always bring her BBQ so she makes sure I get them. My favorite bottles to give away as gifts are the Crystal Head Vodka bottles.
View attachment 423830

Those are cool!

View attachment 423830
that Vodka i think is distilled in Newfoundland and was launched by Dan Arkroyd, they use glacial water. i started collecting the bottles , they are very expensive here in Canada

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky