• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Long hot peppers = spicy vinegar

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Robert tx smoker tx smoker was talking to me about spicy vinegar. I have a touch over 3 quarts of his recipe. And was thinking about using other peppers as well. So, I found some Long hot peppers. And while their heat level can vary like crazy. I figured it would turn out interesting either way.

PC130224.jpg

Divided in 3 one quart mason jars.

PC130225.jpg

Boiled a 50/50 blend of white and cider vinegar.

PC130226.jpg

Filled up. And capped. Give them a week or so then try them out. Then I'll put them in some better looking bottles.

pushok2018

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Sounds like a nice project, Steve.... How long approximately this going to take till it ready?

forktender

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Robert tx smoker tx smoker was talking to me about spicy vinegar. I have a touch over 3 quarts of his recipe. And was thinking about using other peppers as well. So, I found some Long hot peppers. And while their heat level can vary like crazy. I figured it would turn out interesting either way.

View attachment 423825

Divided in 3 one quart mason jars.

View attachment 423826

Boiled a 50/50 blend of white and cider vinegar.

View attachment 423827

Filled up. And capped. Give them a week or so then try them out. Then I'll put them in some better looking bottles.
Yum, I flat out love pepper vinegar, try adding some salt to one jar Steve....I add a tea spoon per jar.

I use pepper vinegar like it's going out of style, I always have a bottle on the kitchen table.
Those Japanese long peppers are awesome grilled with smoked sea salt and lots of fresh lime juice. I make them by the pan full when I smoke briskets, butts or ribs, everyone loves snacking on them while sipping a cold beer.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Yum, I flat out love pepper vinegar, try adding some salt to one jar Steve....I add a tea spoon per jar.

I use pepper vinegar like it's going out of style, I always have a bottle on the kitchen table.
Those Japanese long peppers are awesome grilled with smoked sea salt and lots of fresh lime juice. I make them by the pan full when I smoke briskets, butts or ribs, everyone loves snacking on them while sipping a cold beer.
I thought about that. And now I am going to add that now. The liquid is still plenty warm enough. Thanks!

Last edited:

forktender

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
I don't even heat the vinegar when I make it , I'm lazy.
I just toss everything in and shake it up, most of the salt melts in a day or two, I just keep adding vinegar and peppers to it as needed. I've had the same big Patron bottle going for well over a year, I add all sorts of peppers to it.
I haven't killed anybody with it yet......LOL!!!

We like it of fried fish, chicken, pork and rice.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I don't even heat the vinegar when I make it , I'm lazy.
I just toss everything in and shake it up, most of the salt melts in a day or two, I just keep adding vinegar and peppers to it as needed. I've had the same big Patron bottle going for well over a year, I add all sorts of peppers to it.
I haven't killed anybody with it yet......LOL!!!

We like it of fried fish, chicken, pork and rice.
Now that is a perfect use for that bottle. Perhaps that bottle of Redemption rye will have a new life soon! I've used the vinegar on veggies. Last night it was steamed Broccoli. I've always put vinegar on some veggies. But this really does kick things up.

forktender

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
I have the bartender at the little bar down the street from me save me a few bottles and make up a batch and give them to friends for Christmas. Anytime I see a cool bottle I ask the gal to save them for me, I always bring her BBQ so she makes sure I get them. My favorite bottles to give away as gifts are the Crystal Head Vodka bottles.
1576264013619.png

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
wow, you guys must hate your stomachs.:emoji_laughing:. wish I could handle stuff like though it does look good.

forktender

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
It's actually getting a little harder on me but I can't push it away just yet.
Boy, it sure does suck getting old.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I have the bartender at the little bar down the street from me save me a few bottles and make up a batch and give them to friends for Christmas. Anytime I see a cool bottle I ask the gal to save them for me, I always bring her BBQ so she makes sure I get them. My favorite bottles to give away as gifts are the Crystal Head Vodka bottles.
View attachment 423830
Those are cool!

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
I have a little vinegar allergy,but it doesn't stop me
Richie

udaman

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 31, 2015
View attachment 423830
that Vodka i think is distilled in Newfoundland and was launched by Dan Arkroyd, they use glacial water. i started collecting the bottles , they are very expensive here in Canada

udaman

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 31, 2015
yes they are i have 2 of the 60 OZ and 1 26 OZ Bottles, full they sell for $60 for the small one and 120$ for the big ones, full

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
Steve! The king of bottling and canning (jars). Looks like another good job to me. I love the hot stuff as well.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Nice looking vinegar. I will have to try this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks