Loinzilla

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice trussing job.... I really like that you partially vac-pack... I personally think it's better for the adsorption of the spices and cure....

Your lonzilla appears to have lost ~150 grams during the first stage of curing, while in the bag and refered...
It has a nice color from the spices and herbs... I'll bet it smells like you want to taste some about now...

OSD, morning... This method of "curing" meats is probably thousands of years old... Through trial and error, butchers found certain caves or barns or root cellars etc. had conditions that were complimentary to the long term drying of meats... primarily, temperature and humidity... With moisture loss, salt, spices and herbs, when the meat had reached a satisfactory weight loss, it would keep for months or years, hanging in a well ventilated, dark space... I'm sure, after the initial drying process was established, improvements to flavor, texture and what ever were experimented with to attain the perfect, sought after process that would outsell their neighbor... or something like that...

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but what will the end product be if you're not "cooking" it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky