Loin Question?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bekellog81

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 9, 2006
Meadville, MO
Jene and I are going to cook for some people this weekend. Pork loin is on the menu. We are going to have 3 or 4 loins approx 8# a piece. I was wondering how long to cook? Would cutting the loin in sections help cooking time?? I need Help!!!!!

Cooking at or below 235 I usually cook 6 hrs then wrapped for 2.

Int temps after 6 hrs are usually 160 and 180-190 when done. They do dry out a bit this done but the tenderness is awesome.

If ya wanted a little juicier, just cook for about 6 hours, then wrap and cooler for 2 hrs.

I wouldn't bother piecing out, as you won't save a lot of time that way.

Pork loin, not pork tenderloin, is my signature dish.

I have mastered this cut, if I do say so, and it comes out great every time.

Smoke to 170ish internal, wrap in HD foil, add plenty of spray before sealing up, back in to 190, then into the cooler for 2-3 hours.

When unwrapping, do in a casserole dish, for there will be a Ton of juice. Retain juice, slice loin in 1" slices (for anything less will shred)

Serve with knives as a joke, for the stuff falls apart.

Good stuff

Thanks Bill, I have been searching for your Loin instructions. Since I have a small one only 2 lbs {just my son and I will eat off this} I wanted to make it good for the 1st try.

Oh, I forgot, the 8# ones I cut in half.

Gary, 2# is a little small, so I would cut an "X" into each end, feeling through that you have a hole through it, then shove a bratwurst into it.

One word: "Bullseye"!

THanks for the advice guys, I will take all that you all said and try to put it to good use. I will keep you posted

Ben, check out my Mahogany Glazed Pork Loin Recipe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky