Log House Blues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great Bear, Not too dark, But like you said it will lighten up for Mrs. Bear in a month or so. Beautiful home and yard.
Bear where are you 3 pet BEARS that normally guard the garage area of the house

David

Thank You David!!
The UV Rays from the Sun was killing my Bears too, so I moved the small ones into my Living Room, and the 3 Big ones are now in the Garage. The 2 in the Pic below are now guarding my Door:
And Thanks for the Like.

IMG_6425.jpeg

I'm late to the party john. Your place looks incredible! Awesome property and home. I have always love log homes. The Mrs. not so much, lol. Thanks for sharing.

That's very cool John. Those are very nice. Mona was asking me a year ago for one to put down by the Bunky by the lake. So there is a guy about 45 minutes away that I just happened to drive by and he was cutting up a tree to make a Croc. So I was talking to him and he show me some pictures . Not bad work. Not as much detail as yours . It would finish off at about 7 ' high and not weather treated , so just raw wood. He wanted $ 1200. Canadian. Or approx.( $ 1500. US ). So we don't have one by the Bunky yet lol

Yours look great

David

And I will admit I thought this was going to be a continuation of the other "blues " thread. Maybe Bear and a little harmonica lol ?

LOL---Not much music coming from This Bear!!
I like to listen to 60s songs---That's about it.

Bear

Reactions: 912smoker
I had never heard of carpenter bees until now, sounds like a good idea protecting against them. We have termites here and you really need to ensure any timber is treated before using or your house ends up in a heap on the ground very quickly. We have our home treated very two years as all the internals are timber.

Your home and area you live are absolutely amazing, thanks for sharing your pics.

Thank You Jabiru!!
I was stationed at Schofield Barracks in 1970, when a big Tsunami hit & did Millions $$ of damage to the Base. They said the only thing that had been keeping our Motor Pool up was the Termites were all holding hands!!
Here's more about Carpenter Bees:
Upgraded Carpenter Bee Traps

Bear

Reactions: 912smoker
I'm late to the party john. Your place looks incredible! Awesome property and home. I have always love log homes. The Mrs. not so much, lol. Thanks for sharing.

Thank You Mike!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Now I'd cross the border to see that , and a piece of Mrs. Bears pie's or cakes

David

Thank You David!!
WE try to keep the Pies down to a minimum, but they are hard to resist!!

Bear

Wow! That is a lot of upkeep! What a beautiful home! Thank you for sharing👌

Thank You!!!!
Yup---It gets to be a PITA !!
I guess the best thing about a Log House, other than it's Beauty & Uniqueness, is that you can hang anything you want anywhere on the walls, without Anchors or Toggles, as the exterior walls are full logs, and the interior walls are 3/4" T & G Pine.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky