Lodge Cast Iron Sale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It figures. I just bought some new stuff over the weekend, but thanks for the heads up
thumb1.gif

I don't dare buy anymore Dutch ovens or other cast iron goodies. I got more Dutch ovens than I can cook in at any one time (unless it's for the Scouts or Church) and just about every size fry pan possible that will fit on top of the stove. I saw a Lodge cast iron cornbread pan that cooks the cornbread in wedge shaped pieces and was going to buy it and then I FELT that LOOK boring into the back of my neck. Then I heard Ma say, "That's just a novelty pan, you won't use it much". So I put it back. Then just the other day she comes home with one of those "NOVELTY" Wilton's cake pans (Scooby-Do IIRC)- I didn't dare speak my mind but the evil me kept telling me to "Say it, say it, say it"!

I don't dare buy anymore Dutch ovens or other cast iron goodies.
I think most of us are the same way, spend more time taking care of them than using them. I have a couple a 6"skillets, a large chicken fryer, #8 dutch oven and a rectangular "Cornbread Skillet", the rest are pretty much dust collectors or holiday specific.

I do have a few of my families "antiques" that were not such when first bought. LOL And my cousins thought how stupid I was when we were cleaning out the old family homestead. Kind of a shame no one in my family appreciates cooking or the old cookware. I cried when I realized I could not haul the old cast iron kitchen stove off. I don't know how they got it there, but it had one heavy duty frame and springs!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky