Local Bacon Deal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I know making it yourself is best but I still end up using plenty from the store too. Local meat shop had #2 quality natural hardwood smoked no liquid smoke cases on sale. 10 lbs for $20. Grabbed 20 lbs. Roughly 17 lbs of slices albeit some really wide and 3 lbs pieces and ends. Super happy with it. May go buy more lol. Broke it all down into 1 lbs packs and vacuum sealed. Here’s some of it. Bags were a tad short so I curled it and made them work. Didn’t feel like messing with the sealer rolls
60C8387D-2715-4BF4-8D08-FD9C88134D94.jpeg
3464ABBB-561F-49DC-8DE6-742980C9A75F.jpeg

Nice score . All kinds of uses for that . I like the ends and pieces for added grind to sausage . Nurnberg brats . Fantastic .
I buy most all my bacon from GFS .

Reactions: jcam222
Heck of a score! I been buying at braums lately. They dropped there price to $4.5 lb. I need find reason to drive south again. Trader Joe's still had $3 eggs last time down there and they where really good. That is where that Champion juicer is for $85 but not sure I ready to jump down that rabbit hole yet!

Reactions: Steve H and jcam222
Nice score . All kinds of uses for that . I like the ends and pieces for added grind to sausage . Nurnberg brats . Fantastic .
I buy most all my bacon from GFS .
I buy at GFS often. At $2 a lbs I’ll buy this every time it’s available for sure.
JC222, Nice job getting some decent priced bacon !!!!
Thanks I was happy.
Now that's a whole lot of bacon weaves right there. Yes it is.

Nice score Jeff.

Point for sure
Chris
Probably not good for weaves or poppers but darn near everything else.
Seriously. Best natural treatment for hunger/depression/in-laws/anything...
100% agree haha
Heck of a score! I been buying at braums lately. They dropped there price to $4.5 lb. I need find reason to drive south again. Trader Joe's still had $3 eggs last time down there and they where really good. That is where that Champion juicer is for $85 but not sure I ready to jump down that rabbit hole yet!
Yep bacons outta sure lately and so is belly. Just found a local steady source of big beautiful brown eggs at a local farm $2.50 per dozen. Huge eggs and a lot of double yolk.
Nice score Jeff!
Thanks Joe. Hell I may go buy another 20 lbs tomorrow lol. zwiller zwiller this source isn’t far from you……

That's a sweet deal Jeff. Wish I could find that around here.
Sure was surprised by the price! They had 40 lbs cases of thighs for $45 , 5 lbs of store ground 80/20 chuck and shank $3.99 / lbs 5 lbs minimum (daily price) Virginia deli ham $3.99 and hard salami $3.99. Lots of other deals.

Nice price! Bellies this morning at Costco were $3.99 lb.
I still buy store bacon to use for wrapping meats. It's usually thinner and more stretchy than what I make at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
Wow! Great price! We still buy some store bought bacon if we find a deal... wife likes making bacon bits to have in the freezer.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky