Loaded Lang (or Pork & Beef & Chicken! Oh My!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Well it's been a while since I've fired up the Lang as I've been using my Kamodo Joe Jr or the Mini WSM since it's just Ma Dutch and meownself at the house.
Saturday morning I fired the ol' girl up. On the smoker docket was 3 racks if ribs, two pork butts, a packer brisket and a yardbird. Butts and brisket went on at 9:00 am and finally pulled the butts off at 4:00.
I learned that I'm just too dang old to be smoking in 104°F weather. Sorry, no queview of the yardbird, the neighbor picked it up as soon as it came off the smoker.
Used Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and the brisket got the rub down with Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, cracked black pepper and garlic powder. Everything rested overnight in the fridge. The butts and the ribs got a second dusting of rub.
20200801_163004.jpg
20200801_163141.jpg
20200801_162226.jpg
20200801_162324.jpg
20200801_141853.jpg

Looks great. 104?? Damn. I would be melting.

Look fantastic Dutch. The color on all of the meat is great. I think it might have been too hot for me to tend a fire.

Reactions: Dutch
Looks great. 104?? Damn. I would be melting.
Yeah, I even put up a ezup canopy. Starting out it was 85° and just climbed. Glas I didn't do it today. It hit 106°!

Look fantastic Dutch. The color on all of the meat is great. I think it might have been too hot for me to tend a fire.
You got that right! I think I lost like 5 lbs with all the sweating I did.

Reactions: jcam222
Looks like a fun time to me, even in the heat!
Just like riding a bike, you just never forget how!
Great looking food!
Al

Nice smoke on the Lang! Food looked awesome!
My Lang is by my garage which has AC.
I wouldn't want to be out in 104 degree heat any longer than I have to.

As a follow up, several neighbors asked when I was going to fire up the Lang again. I let the neighbors know when I'm smoking and ask if they have anything they want smoked. These neighbors didn't have anything at that time.
When they asked, I said that I would let the know- probably the end of September.
Yeah, we're still dealing with triple digit heat!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky