LIVED TO TELL ABOUT IT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goliath

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
Terrace BC Canada
Yesterday i asked for advice from the group about a pulled pork i was doing and the smoker didnt seem to hit proper temp overnight .... well as it worked out it was in the smoker for18 hours and I LIVED TO TELL ABOUT IT !!!
advice from the group was basically it wasnt injected and was gonna be OK as "the bugs" shouldnt grow and get us.
THE GROUP WAS RIGHT ... it was a great Sunday dinner and i also made my own kaiser buns to go with it.

THANKS to the Group for always being there for me wether it be recipes, help on a build or just good old ADVICE
Goliath

I second the hot cook as well.
I run smoke 2-3 hours on low (pellet grill), then 275 till done. No more overnight cooks needed with hot and fast.
You can also better monitor the sitch.

Happy to hear it turned out!

I don't do hot and fast personally I like 225-250 and just plan accordingly for time depending on what I'm smoking. A general idea on butts or briskets is 1.5-2 hours per lb.
If you foil the meat at about 160 it will braise in the foil and will go quicker. You can also put the wrapped meat in the oven if you'd like once it's foiled it doesn't matter it certainly won't take on any more smoke in the foil. Once foiled I will sometimes raise my smoker or oven temp to 275 some go higher

Butts are one meat I like to cook lower and longer, but for me it's a texture and rendering thing. Instead of shredding, I keep my PP in larger pieces so each eater can get the full experience. It's fork tender, but has a slightly sticky feel to it.
zWmuRc7.jpg
etxHIPS.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky