Live Fire Grilling & Roasting With Skewers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
About 15 years ago a friend from Florida sent me some Brazilian style skewers, he had been experimenting with using them on his Big Green Egg. I was immediately hooked and use them on my Small BGE. Just this year I found a dealer that sells skewers is several widths and are longer in length so I can use them on my large BGE. I just wanted to throw out this method of cooking, it is very hands on.... but very rewarding when it comes to flavors. The combination of seasonings, marinades, and basting liquids is unlimited. In addition to the Brazilian style with the "V" blade, I also have some flat ones which can also be hung in my drum.
EdvArzK.jpg
eEMpTwf.jpg
aySCrOb.jpg
CJTRecM.jpg
9UGHDhw.jpg

efjKoKh.jpg
dtwznUG.jpg

You hooked me right in with the live fire grilling tag! I’m a fan for sure!

very nice!

Thirdeye, that second pic looks like it's on a 22" kettle. Do you know if they make them long enough to stretch across a 26" Kettle. I like the idea of those, and can see many uses.

Chris

Thirdeye, that second pic looks like it's on a 22" kettle. Do you know if they make them long enough to stretch across a 26" Kettle. I like the idea of those, and can see many uses.

Chris

That kettle is a Smokey Joe, so ~13" grate. In this thread from last month I list the widths, lengths and the company I bought them from. The 18" is the length of the blade, it's another 1" to the roller.

Reactions: gmc2003
Kinda like a hand held rotisserie.
Anything over an open fire gets my attention!
For New Years Day, I’m putting a turkey on the roti, over mesquite and hickory on the Santa Maria!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky