Little smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
What to do on a cold rainy mother's day? Why, smoke something! I got some paprika and pepper corns going with hickory in my little A-MAZE-N tube.

P5122177.JPG

What to do on a cold rainy mother's day? Why, smoke something! I got some paprika and pepper corns going with hickory in my little A-MAZE-N tube.

I like to spread mine out on a fine enough metal screen, like a "Splatter" screen, or a fine metal strainer.
Then the Smoke can really get at whatever spice your trying to smoke.

Bear

I like to spread mine out on a fine enough metal screen, like a "Splatter" screen, or a fine metal strainer.
Then the Smoke can really get at whatever spice your trying to smoke.

Bear
I didn't have anything like that. But I stirred them every 15 minutes. I smoked them for 1.5 hours. I could find a screen for the pepper corns. But for the paprika?

I didn't have anything like that. But I stirred them every 15 minutes. I smoked them for 1.5 hours. I could find a screen for the pepper corns. But for the paprika?

LOL---Yeah---Some things are kinda small:
For Salt I just use a Paper plate, or a cookie tray----Something you can get it spread out pretty thin on.
Then I don't have to stir as often, but peppercorns are pretty big.

LOL---I bought some "Smoked" Peppercorns from "Spice Jungle" one time.
Then I sent them an Email, telling them I've been smoking all kinds of things for years & I found ZERO Smoke flavor on their "Smoked Peppercorns". They never even replied.

Bear

Something else that works real well for small things is window screen material. It's cheap, you can cut it to any size or shape you want, and can safely use it for hot or cold smoking.
Gary

Now I never gave that a thought. That's a great idea!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky