Lip-Smacking Good!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pulled her at 7:00 am…200°, toweled and now ve vill spend some time in ze Kooler! unpacked her at 4:30 in the afternoon…still 150° Notice, she broke in half lifting her out of the foil! Talk about tender!

Whipped up a little of TJâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s finishing sauce, but already had plenty of juice as you can see, and finally sat down to some bread & butter corn, taters au grautin and some homemade slaw…didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t even use any sauce!
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m like a pig in ? And I gotta say, thanks guys, for all your help! Really!
Here this is for you, You want a nice cold Penn Pilsner to go with that?

Excellent!! Good Looking Stuff.

What, no IC Light? (I lived 75 mile NE of Pittsburgh for 20 years. Then I moved here to the winter capitol of the whole northeast. I miss IC.)

Best regards,

Meowey

Great looking grub!! I've done one butt, and it didn't look like that. I have a good feeling that number 2 will be closer to perfection with a little inspiration from you!! Thanks for sharing...

You know your food must look good when the only comment from this group is about your choice of drink. You make a great looking plate, and I firmly believe that BBQ with out sauce is very fine BBQ. You have the confidence that the meat can be a star on its own.

For me, no slaw, but an extra pickle would be nice. A cold one would be better.

Awesome looking!!! Where's your Iron City? I can send some Yuengling out to ya if ya can't get it out there in Pitt! That pork looks awesome. Where did you find a sauce recipe in here? I've seen a couple, but haven't seen the one you referenced. Did you do a finishing sauce?

Sorry, never cared for Iron, now my bro-in-law! (another story!)
Actually I was weaned on National Bohemian (Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m originally from Maryland). However, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been known to tip a few black & tans! I just really like Penn Pilsner–itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s from one of those macro breweries here on the North Side.

That finishing sauce can be found under:
Smoking Meat (and other things)
Pork
Finishing Sauce (for Pulled Pork) by SoFlaQuer
I found it real tasty-but donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t use the whole batch at once, it could get real vinegary if you used it all!

Carl, you've done an excellent job. Here I am have Brats (Johnsonville's) and 'kraut for supper :(

What no baked beans? :D It looks delicious. Thanks for posting...
I am not much of a cole slaw guy...My wife loves it...I have my first ever pork butt roast on still. I put it on at 7am this morning. I hope it looks as half as good as yours. I have also mixed up Dutch's receipe for the Wicked Baked Beans and they are in the smoker.. So in a couple hours, I am going to try and pull the pork and start eating. I have also made a batch of the finishing sauce to try...Keep up the good work and keep posting...It helps us that are still learning the techniques....

Thanks again,
Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky