Lest We Forget

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martin1950

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Hartford. S/W Michigan
Over the last couple of days I've been reading all the different foods that people are planning on cooking today. With beef, pork and poultry, smoked/grilled with exotic preparations and seasonings and most vegetable rapped in and bacon and drinking fancy beers. With the years starting to build in my life time, I spend a little more time reflecting on the past. Back in the late 60's and early 70's, a lot of us young people were going to places we'd never heard of except in new reports and couldn't pronounce the names of where we were at. This was the 1st. time many of us were away from home, alone and scared. But there was always one thing that brought our minds back to home, going to the chow hall for a flat gridled hamburger on a cold bun, boiled hot dogs and a big spoon of pork n beans with a little extra fat-back cooked in. So in honor of my brothers/sisters that had my "six" back then, this "Bud's" for you. God Bless Ya. Lest we forget.
Sept/68-Oct/77

Well said . I was thinking yesterday , that one of the only comforts you guys had was each other .

Reactions: martin1950
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky