Lesson learned

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Yesterday we should have smoked a butt roast in smoker but did not get it out of freezer soon enough. Lesson 1. Today we did it in the crock pot and was very tender and tasty. I read somewhere yesterday that when producing pulled pork, leave it in a foil pan. Gotta try this next time as realize it would keep it juicy. Lesson #2. 'nuff lessons for the day.

Good to learn and lucky your grape is receptive.

Can you please detail the crock pot meathod?
Created a rub and applied dijon mustard and then the rub. Diced up an onion and some garlic and put roast on top.
Put the butt roast in the crock pot, plugged it in and left it for about 9 hours.

Yesterday we should have smoked a butt roast in smoker but did not get it out of freezer soon enough. Lesson 1. Today we did it in the crock pot and was very tender and tasty. I read somewhere yesterday that when producing pulled pork, leave it in a foil pan. Gotta try this next time as realize it would keep it juicy. Lesson #2. 'nuff lessons for the day.
I wonder if dutch oven would replicate this over fire?

If you aren't learning, you might as well be dying. I try to learn something new everyday. Usually I can do that by coming to this website. 😂😂😂

The wife and I tried out a Cuban themed restaurant this past weekend and I had some of the best pork meat (from the shoulder) ever, super tender and very flavorful, cooked in a covered pan in the oven.
Now to figure out how to duplicate that flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky