Lesa b’day dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jim, that is one top notch meal there my friend! I still need to try pichana, one steak I’ve not done yet! Very nice job and a belated Happy Birthday to the Mrs.

Reactions: JLeonard
Boy I missed this one, First happy belated birthday to Lesa, and second WOW that steak looks great. With scallops buy the dry scallops and remember to take the foot off them before cooking.

Point for sure
Chris

gmc2003 gmc2003 These were a bag of frozen I got from Aldi. Figured I'd try out on some inexpensive ones for a first time. There is a butcher shop not far from the house that sells fresh scallops. Next time I'll give them a try and use a better skillet.

Jim

gmc2003 gmc2003 These were a bag of frozen I got from Aldi. Figured I'd try out on some inexpensive ones for a first time. There is a butcher shop not far from the house that sells fresh scallops. Next time I'll give them a try and use a better skillet.

Jim
Hey Jim, you should be able to buy dry scallops at your local grocer. All it means is they haven't been treated with STPP to help preserve and add weight. The dry scallops will taste better, be less rubbery and you'll get a better sear on them. If pan frying they are worth the extra coin. If using them for a seafood salad then go with wet.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky