Lemon Garlic Shrimp In Parmesan Cream Sauce (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Had a bachelor night yesterday. Tracy was attending a farewell party for one of her employees who was offered a management position with another bank. Decided shrimp was in order. The only problem is that there are a million or more ways to do shrimp and I was having a hard time deciding what direction I wanted to go with it. Being that I didn't really get deep into cooking until after Tracy and I met, I have absolutely no experience cooking seafood since she doesn't eat it. Any time I try, it's a crap shoot but this one came out very well.

Start with the shrimp in a skillet with a little butter, lemon juice, and fresh minced garlic
010_Fotogenic.jpg

Let that cook for a few minutes. Doesn't take long
013_Fotogenic.jpg

Now for the cream sauce. A little veggie stock, some heavy cream, Italian herbs, and Parmesan cheese
012_Fotogenic.jpg

Let that simmer for a few minutes till it starts to reduce and thicken a bit then add it to the shrimp
014_Fotogenic.jpg

Dust some corn starch in to tighten the sauce and it's all done
015_Fotogenic.jpg

I made some fresh mini Italian bread loaves couple days ago. Butter and garlic powder on one then under the broiler for a couple minutes to brown
011_Fotogenic.jpg

In between all of this I made a really tasty olive salad. Dinner plated with the shrimp over pasta and a sprinkle of parsley, the salad, and Italian bread
022_Fotogenic.jpg

For a rookie seafood cook, this came out really well. The sauce had great body but was light in flavor so as to not overpower the shrimp. My intention was to coat the shrimp with the sauce but not be swimming in it. Shrimp needed to be the highlight, not the sauce. I got a nice hint of the lemon flavor and a good dose of garlic. All of these flavors combined for a decadent and very rich dinner. It was way more filling than I ever thought it would be but I managed to get about 90% of the way through it and Bianca had no issues with the last shrimp :emoji_wink: Got another bachelor night today because Tracy is meeting up with a friend to pick up this month's wine selections. Now I just have to decide what to make for dinner....

Oh well, this one is a wrap. Y'all take care and we will see you on the next installment...whatever it may be.

Robert

Ha, shrimpy pasta in Alfredo sauce was what Jan requested for dinner last night! Too bad she didn't get it. Your plate looks perfect Robert, I'm sure I'll be copying that soon enough. RAY

8EC7.gif

Shrimp? Yes, please. Looks great man. Know you don't get to cook anything that swims much but that looks top notch buddy. I'd hit it for sure.

Very Nice! My stomach is growling here at lunch, wish I had a nice bowl of shrimp pasta to scarf down. The lemon garlic Parmesan combo sounds delicious.

Great looking shrimp Robert. I like your "lighter" approach over the heavier alfredo sauces.
Tell me more about the olive salad.

Love it, Robert. I'll be trying this the first time I get a bachelor night. Quick and easy. I'm the only one here who eats shrimp. Sigh.

It was tasty Gary. As much as I'd love to do seafood more often but can't, it just makes the times I can cook it more special.

Robert

Ha, shrimpy pasta in Alfredo sauce was what Jan requested for dinner last night! Too bad she didn't get it. Your plate looks perfect Robert, I'm sure I'll be copying that soon enough.

Thanks so much Ray. I'm betting that your wife is gonna want it real soon...like probably tonight :emoji_wink: You best gt busy my friend...

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky