LEM #8 motor stalls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BC Buck

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
MO
Just finished processing a deer and dont know if I am expecting to much out of this grinder. If I drop a chunk of meat longer than 4"or 1/2 froze fat down the feed throat the motor bogs down then stalls tripping breaker. Plates, knife are brand new and good in sharp. I am using the 3 hole plate.

With the fat, it will bog down a grinder if frozen solid. When this happens and you accidentally leave the fat in the freezer too long, or for those pieces on top that froze more than the others, it is best to hand cut into smaller pieces. Cut them so the pieces will fit down into the auger without the auger having to break them up.

With the Venison, I'd venture a guess that it's the connective tissues and ligaments binding the grinder.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky