LEGGs Old Plantation Copycat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Yofrankie

Original poster
Oct 25, 2020
Hi all,

I’m wanting to copy the seasoning blend for Leggs Old Plantation no 10.. It’s hard to find in my area and I don’t want to buy it on the internet. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I am big fan of buying mixes and ACL is good stuff. I forget the name but Pop's shared his family's recipe and it's a very good old fashioned breakfast sausage. Try using the name Fassets. I looked but struck out.

Reactions: Yofrankie
If you're interested ,
I have not made this yet . I know it's popular , but some say the original recipe comes out high in salt . Just FYI if you try it .

I am big fan of buying mixes and ACL is good stuff. I forget the name but Pop's shared his family's recipe and it's a very good old fashioned breakfast sausage. Try using the name Fassets. I looked but struck out.
Thank you!

If you're interested ,
I have not made this yet . I know it's popular , but some say the original recipe comes out high in salt . Just FYI if you try it .
Thank you!
I went ahead and tried to copy Old P No 10 and it turned out better than expected!
Here are the blends I used:
1 tablespoon each:
Sage
Crushed Red Pepper
Black Pepper
Coriander
Nutmeg
Salt (used a little less)

1/2 tablespoons each:
Brown sugar
Paprika
Garlic powder

I mixed all together in a regular blender to break up the crushed red pepper. I doubled this batch to mix into 9.25 pounds of deer with 5.5 pounds pork fat trimmings. Turned out really well!

Reactions: zwiller
AHA Fassett with 2 t's... I have made a few times. The stuff is EXACTLY like what I can get from local meat markets their own. Classic flavor. WRT the salt. I saw a few times that Pop's preferred using sea salt (large grain) so if you are not reduce in half. Better yet, use the weight based recipe.

Reactions: Yofrankie
AHA Fassett with 2 t's... I have made a few times. The stuff is EXACTLY like what I can get from local meat markets their own. Classic flavor. WRT the salt. I saw a few times that Pop's preferred using sea salt (large grain) so if you are not reduce in half. Better yet, use the weight based recipe.
Yikes! You were not kidding about the salt..😬

I might try this today . I'm out . Had to eat Bob Evans over the weekend . I still have some from sausage maker , but it's been around awhile .

Never had Bobs, but the ingredients are intriguing so I might have to try that on the next batch.

Poli has some good looking recipes and admit they are probably close to Bob Evans. Rich, what you think?

Poli has some good looking recipes and admit they are probably close to Bob Evans. Rich, what you think?
It's really good . I went light on the thyme . Bob Evans is good sausage , not sure how close this is , but it's really good .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky