Leftovers Chuckie for chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tnchevypits

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 3, 2018
Smoked some Chuck's last night and made one just for chili dinner today. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/first-chuckies.281491/#post-1895134

The Chuckie turned out awesome in the sandwich so now let's test the chili today. I used my momma's recipe and it was always a family and friend favorite.
2 can chili beans
2 can red kidney beans
SPOG
1 can Rotel
1-4lbs meat depending on rest of ingredients sizes

1-1/2 pack chili powder store bought as it was easier today
A beef bouilin cube and 2 cups water.

So I added in my meat was 2lbs Chuck and 1 1/2 lb sausage beef mixed and all browned up
I didn't get picks of this part but I'll show you the cooking in progress.
Simmered the meat in the bouilin broth with a pack of chili powder and water. Then poured it into the pot with the beans and Rotel mix. . She is simmering as we speak in the crock pot. WellW see how she turns out in about 3-5hours depending when I get hungry enough lol.
I usually like mine really hot mean knock your socks off hot but still have good taste good but the family can't handle that hot so it gets dialed way down for them to be able to handle and enjoy and I'll spice mine up on the side when I put it in my bowl
IMG_20181118_082636941.jpg
IMG_20181118_090051158.jpg
it's simmering on low for awhile I'll let you all know

Reactions: gmc2003
I did this just the other day. Did a mash up of recipes from Malcolm Reed and Betty Crocker. Turned out awesome. I'll bet you'll love it.

Well I forgot to take pictures of the food in the bowl but dang it was flipping amazing. I will definitely be cooking this again it was worth all the wait..

That's how I like my chili - chunky, and yours look mighty good.

Point for sure

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky