Learning to smoke and loving it!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikelisab

Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Carthage, Texas
I have charcoal and gas smokers, but, have usaully only grilled on them. This year Lisa bought me a Masterbuilt 40" electric smoker. You guys have already helped me do Brisket, saugage and chicken on it, and they turned out awesome.

Saturday, I'm going to put on pork ribs, and a pork butt, all sugestions are more than welcome.

Hello mikelisab and Welcome to our addiction.  A word of warning: There is no 12 step program for this one!  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks for the welcome. Already have had lots of help from ya'll since Christmas. First attempts turned out great, now to learn how to make it awesome. East Texas folks have this thing about fire and smoke, and something to put on it.

Welcome Mike

You will find plenty of friendly folks with great advice on this forum. Lt the search bar at the top of the page be your new friend.  There are over 1 million post on this forum.  And that a lot of powerful knowledge right at your finger tips. Or just ask! If you have not checked it out already, Give Jeff's 5 day ecourse a try.  It is free and full of great information to make you an even better smoker.

Again Welcome.

Brian 

Thanks, Brian

Putting on two racks of baby back ribs, one rack of spare ribs and chicken in the morning.

Used Jeff's meat prep suggestions and have everything in the fridge waiting to be put on around 5 in the morning. Spare ribs first, baby backs an hour later then chicken about 8:00.

Will let ya'll know around 1:00 what the reviews were.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky