Latest batch of bacon.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Robert H

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 29, 2017
Hi All
I was at Costco awhile back and they had bellies for a pretty good price so I sorted through and found a decent one. So, was in a dry cure for ten days then rinsed and paprika and black pepper rubbed in. Into the smoker for about 6hrs and hung up in unheated garage for 5 days. Forgot to include a fry shot but am very happy with it. Looking forward to smoking season.
Thanks for looking.
20211120_130356.jpg
20211121_184419.jpg
20211123_113046.jpg
20211127_155111.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments. Yeah, the one end really does look like buckboard.
Good eye....I have not made bb for awhile.

That is some fine looking bacon!
Hard to get a belly that thick, you sure picked out a good one.
Al

That is a very lean and meaty slab of bacon! Good find. Almost looks like buckboard bacon.

Exactly!!
I had to go back & double check, because I thought it was BBB. Sure is Meaty.
Beautiful Bacon!!
Nice Job, Robert!
Like.

Bear

Thanks for the positive comments.
I do the same as Inda, using a meat tote and just use my dry cure and check in on it every other day and redistribute. I used to do Pops brine but switched to a dry cure.
Still use Pops for hocks and backbacon though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky