Last brisket for 2006

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 21, 2006
Monroe, La
Tagged along to the grocery store with the wife yesterday and snagged a 12 pound packer for my final 2006 smoke :D . Took some pics of the process and thought I would share with everyone.

Here is the brisket still in the cry o vac bag,

After the rub,

I like to score the fat cap. It seems to be less greasy that way,

Laid a charcoal and hickory chunk "Minion method" fuel supply in the BSKD and also lit my pilot in the smoke chamber for later.

Lit a chimney of Royal Oak to start my fire with,

Mixed my mop,

Poured chimney of coals on top of coal bed.

Put brisket into smoker, plugged in the thermometer probe and shut door at 6 PM Saturday night.

Set my thermostat for 225* so heat would stay constant after fire burned out.

Temp was at 170* at 11 PM and I went to bed. When I got up at 5:30 temp was at 199* and I pulled it, foiled it and am letting it rest.

Thought a step by step photo show might help someone on their brisket smokes.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year. :D

Thanks for the great pictorial...feel like I have been a guest at your home :)
If only we could develop a way to share the aromas and tastes :roll:

That brisket looks fantastic!

Rodger
That really looks fantastic....Thanks for the pics...
Hope you and yours have a Happy and Healthy New Year as well...
Later
Richard

Great post. If it doesn't help anyone else, it sure has helped me. My next smoke will be a brisket. Thank You very much for the step by step.

Rodger, Great job on the pictorial-nice brisket, too!! Your post is now a sticky topic.

Hi Cheech, I used a commercial rub called Adams Brisket Rub. It was really a pretty bland rub. Seemed liked mostly Paprika.

Luckily I had a lot of good sauce. 8)

That was great Rodger! Wish I'd have seen that when I did my first briskit - nothing like a a good illustration to ease a newbies mind. You can read tons of stuff but pictures they do it!

Debi

That is a touchy subject BRIAUD, if you want more bark smoke it fat cap down. Fat cap up is supposed to let the meat baste itself while it is smoking. I think either way will turn out great results if the proper temperatures are held during the smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky