Lasagna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks fantastic . Cottage cheese in lasagna is a must for me .
Interesting use of Pop's breakfast sausage . I added fennel to some breakfast sausage I had one time . Really good .
Nice work bud .
Thank you, it's appreciated! Funny thing is I can't stand cottage cheese, reminds me of curdled milk! But only in lasagna, I tried ricotta once and didn't care for it. This was the first time using sausage in it but we really liked it!

Ryan

We always make our lasagna a day or two in advance. Something my grandma taught me. Yours looks real good from my screen Ryan.

I just have one question. Bush light, tomato sauce mixed in a Coors glass.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it! Love that clip! I was wondering who would be the first to notice that! That's my wife's glass, I use the budweiser ones, but usually for margaritas. And it does seem to taste better after a day or so. Thanks for the like!

Ryan

I love lasagna.....
Good stuff definitely!

Looks great. Been talking about making one for awhile. At our restaurant it used to be a big hit. The favorite was a pesto lasagna. I need to make one (and post pics).
Thank you! Get it made up and definitely post pics! I know the to do list gets really long!

Ryan

We had lasagna last night and now I'm hungry again! What a great way to visit with your son over dad's dinner.

Thank you! I appreciate it! It turned out really well and yes it's great way to spend time with our son. He only lives 10 miles away but works 12 hour shifts on nights and at times 7 days a week so don't get to see him often. Getting switched to days soon so that should help!

Thanks for the like mike243 mike243 I appreciate it!

Ryan

giphy.gif

Damn Ryan! And to think I almost missed this. Looks great man! I don't know about spaghetti sauce and busch light but hey I will try almost anything once lol

Tomato sauce and light beer in these parts (upper Midwest) is referred to as a bloody beer. Generally accepted as a breakfast beer in place of a Bloody Mary. As for the lasagna, this is twice in a week I have seen one that looks better than (looks around carefully) even my wife's!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
View attachment 486496

Damn Ryan! And to think I almost missed this. Looks great man! I don't know about spaghetti sauce and busch light but hey I will try almost anything once lol
Thanks John I appreciate it! And yes it was a bloody beer or red beer with tomato juice... it was my wife's but still not for me!

Ryan

Tomato sauce and light beer in these parts (upper Midwest) is referred to as a bloody beer. Generally accepted as a breakfast beer in place of a Bloody Mary. As for the lasagna, this is twice in a week I have seen one that looks better than (looks around carefully) even my wife's!
Thank you, I appreciate it! And I promise I won't tell her!

Ryan

It all looks awesome but that cake has my eye. I love anything coffee flavored.

Fred

We started having our son and his girlfriend come out on Sundays for a nice meal since we don't get to see him much during the week, last Sunday he requested lasagna. So lasagna it is! Got the noodles started

View attachment 485416

Got 2 lbs of pop's breakfast and 1 lb of burger fried up then added 3 bags of homemade meat sauce

View attachment 485417

Shredded some smoked mozzarella and colby jack cheese

View attachment 485418

Of course needed some sustenance... tomato beer

View attachment 485419

Time to build, start with meat sauce then noodles

View attachment 485421

Shredded cheese and cottage cheese

View attachment 485422

Repeat layers until you end up with this

View attachment 485423

Of course we needed some dessert so homemade coffee cake

View attachment 485424

My piece, and yes we ate dessert before the lasagna even got put in the oven!

View attachment 485425

And finally , the 8 1/2 lb lasagna

View attachment 485426

My piece, and yes I only had one piece, we had been snacking all day since lunch

View attachment 485427

Since it was so terrible cold out we told our son he didn't have to come out so we brought his in a day later. But man did this ever taste great and leftovers are just as good!

Thanks for dropping by!
Ryan
Nice job, Ryan! Lasagna probably my favorite leftover ... just ahead of Thanksgiving dressing/gravy.
Thank you, it's appreciated! Funny thing is I can't stand cottage cheese, reminds me of curdled milk! But only in lasagna, I tried ricotta once and didn't care for it. This was the first time using sausage in it but we really liked it!

Ryan
Same cottage-aversion here EXCEPT for lasagna ... always use a 50:50 mixture of ricotta and cottage, prefer the flavor/texture to either alone.

Make it a lot when having winter company, but because of individual preferences, I end up making 2 or 3 different trays, and can feed an army with leftovers. Have one of these trio pans to now make smaller batches of varied compositions. Very nice toy.
FDBD2A19-047B-4C4E-BC94-2E61DEDE861E.jpeg

Thank you, I appreciate it! Cool pan you have there.

Ryan

Thank you, I appreciate it! Nice thing about it... lasagna freezes well!

Ryan

nice saved this was gonna make lasagna soon. ty for sharing looks great wish I could make one that big. Too many leftovers :<(
Whoops, sorry... my last reply was meant to respond to your comments! Just forgot to hit reply before I started typing!

Ryan

Oh man does that look good! Too bad for me carbs are out of my diet these days. But if I were to have a cheat meal, lasagna would be high on the list! Yours looks spectacular! Great job.

Oh man does that look good! Too bad for me carbs are out of my diet these days. But if I were to have a cheat meal, lasagna would be high on the list! Yours looks spectacular! Great job.
Thank you! I foresee a cheat meal in your future! :emoji_wink:

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky