Landmann electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rock13

Original poster
Dec 26, 2020
Good afternoon. I am new to this forum and smoking meats.

I received the Landmann electric smoky mountain series smoker for Christmas. This is my first smoker.
Any tips to get the most out of this smoker?

when do I add the tray with wood chips and water to smoker? After the smoker is preheated or as soon as I turn smoker on?
Thank you!

I always preheat, get the wood chips past the white billowing smoke stage and into the thin blue smoke phase. In the summer I allow 45-60 minutes preheat, in the winter I preheat 60-90 minutes. I’m not familiar with your model so I can’t really give you any suggestions other than wrap the water pan and drip tray in foil, cleanup is so much easier. I would suggest run a few smokes with no modifications, as you use the smoker you will figure out what needs “adjustments”

I have a Landmann smoker as well. They are a ok smoker out of the box. But after a few modes they are right up there with the MES units. With one major exception. The Landmann isn't insulated. Which makes it struggle in colder temps unless you cover it with welding blanket, or something along those lines.
I made a PID controller and mail box for mine. And I get really good cooks out of it.
Hope this helps.

I have a Landmann smoker as well. They are a ok smoker out of the box. But after a few modes they are right up there with the MES units. With one major exception. The Landmann isn't insulated. Which makes it struggle in colder temps unless you cover it with welding blanket, or something along those lines.
I made a PID controller and mail box for mine. And I get really good cooks out of it.
Hope this helps.
Hope this helps.
As I am a newbie I have no idea what MES , PID controller or mail box means. Can you elaborate please?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky