Landjaegers PT II

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was ready to pull the LJ from the dowel but noticed that there is still green weight (moisture) being reduced.

2fd75d19_DSC00208.jpg

The catch towel. Going to leave another day.

67e90969_DSC00209.jpg

Boy Nepas you really have the sausage thing down. I wish I had half your knowledge on sausage.

This is something I am going to pursue in the coming year.

I know I can count on you for help!

Boy Nepas you really have the sausage thing down. I wish I had half your knowledge on sausage.

This is something I am going to pursue in the coming year.

I know I can count on you for help!
You betcha Al

And i will be closer in Oct by about 16 hours

sausage.gif

The LJ looks to be just about as dry and dark as its going to get. The roasted coriander and pepper have really brought the taste out.

Maybe 1 more day of hanging.

6c5f2998_DSC00199.jpg
Nepas, those Landjaegers are really lookin' good. Although they do remind me a bit of the gifts my neighbor's dog likes to leave in my yard for me to pick up from time to time
icon_lol.gif
,  I'd hit those in a heart beat. I like that handy dandy little sausage slicer, too. If we was kids, you'd be the one that all the other kids would want to hang out with 'cause you gots the coolest toys.

Nepas, those Landjaegers are really lookin' good. Although they do remind me a bit of the gifts my neighbor's dog likes to leave in my yard for me to pick up from time to time
icon_lol.gif
,  I'd hit those in a heart beat. I like that handy dandy little sausage slicer, too. If we was kids, you'd be the one that all the other kids would want to hang out with 'cause you gots the coolest toys.

LOL

Yeah they kinda look like what yer talking about

laugh1.gif

YW Todd

These are going to come off the dowel sometime today.

7f32d5b7_DSC00225.jpg

Took the LJ down this morning to inspect. These are done.

90c97407_DSC00237.jpg

49095ec7_DSC00238.jpg

Cut them into singles and rubbed down with vinegar to eliminate any surface mold that may have formed. Now on racks so they can get some cool air circulating around them.

a8b5dcf0_DSC00239.jpg

BBL with a $$ shot.

How bouts some $$ 

sausage.gif

Cutter at work.

529f889c_DSC00241.jpg

Still got do some tweaking on it.

6a2e4e0d_DSC00240.jpg

$$

00133cbc_DSC00242.jpg

97bf02cd_DSC00243.jpg

I really didnt have to vac seal but i did.

9ddce676_DSC00268.jpg

Excellent play by play Nepa, as always!

Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Hangin in the water closet. Reminds me of a few yrs back a friend asked me to help him cut up some venison that he had hangen for a couple days. When i got there i saw no venison and then he went over to the out house and said here she be. Yep i helped him cut up  the meat but i did get finicky. Turned down any for myself.
icon_eek.gif

Look good.

How come the flatening. Is that something traditional or just your way of doing???

Mouth watering

Karl

Hangin in the water closet. Reminds me of a few yrs back a friend asked me to help him cut up some venison that he had hangen for a couple days. When i got there i saw no venison and then he went over to the out house and said here she be. Yep i helped him cut up  the meat but i did get finicky. Turned down any for myself.
icon_eek.gif

Look good.

How come the flatening. Is that something traditional or just your way of doing???

Mouth watering

Karl
Karl, he does that so they won't roll off the kitchen counter! I think he has some ferocious sausage eatin' canines lurkin' about, just waitin for the worst (or best depending on who's perspective you're lookin' at) to happen.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Karl, he does that so they won't roll off the kitchen counter! I think he has some ferocious sausage eatin' canines lurkin' about, just waitin for the worst (or best depending on who's perspective you're lookin' at) to happen.
icon_mrgreen.gif
Actually that looks like a good idea. One could add more cheese and or onions and stuff in a bun with out the stuff sliding off.

Yum

Karl

Actually that looks like a good idea. One could add more cheese and or onions and stuff in a bun with out the stuff sliding off.

Yum

Karl

Yup, that is an excellent reason for doing such a thing to a sausage.

Another very good reason, is so that you could carry your sausages AND your cigars in the same pocket, and not have to worry about making any mistakes when you want to enjoy either one!

man these look so good....I saw some in a seafood/deli market and they wanted $5 for two little sticks....looks like you have about $60-70 here! lol

I appreciate the humor at my expense. I actually thought every one was being serious about the flattening.

Ya got me.
icon_redface.gif

I was looking for some recipes and found out they are flattened for traditional reasons.

I'll get even.
head-wall.gif
Beer.gif

Karl

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky