Land, Sea, & Air Burger! Weber 26" send-off...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Misplaced Nebraskan

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2018
Austin, TX
Land, Sea, & Air Burger

a.jpg

b.jpg

OK... This actually started off as a "challenge" from a friend to create this monster. A Land, Sea, & Air Burger with sweet potato fries and a Mojito. A bunch of googling yielded a secret McDonald's concoction and that was about it.

My plan was this:
Land - Beef Burger
Sea - Crab Cake
Air - Turkey Burger

I need to use similar ingredients in the patties to tie them all together. Truth be told, I figured this was gonna look great, but taste like a little overkill and mismatch of flavors. But I had to proceed.

First up was the Beef Burger:

• 80/20 Ground Chuck (1 pound total)​
  • Grated Onion (moisture strained out)​
  • Diced Jalapeno​
  • Salt and Pepper​
  • Wooster Sauce​

e.jpg

h.jpg

Next up was the Turkey Burger:

• 80/20 Ground Turkey (Would swap to a leaner mix next time but all they had)
  • 1 Egg
  • Grated Onion
  • Diced Jalapeno
  • Italian Parsley
  • Panko
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Garlic
  • Oregeno

f.jpg

i.jpg

And the Crab Cake (I normally would do less binder but wanted to make sure it really held together for the burger):

• Lump Crab
  • 1 Egg
  • Italian Parsley
  • Grey Poupon
  • Saltine Crackers
  • Mayo
  • Wooster Sauce
  • Tony C's Seasoning

g.jpg

j.jpg

k.jpg

I got the ol 26" Weber fired up and preheating the grill grates

l.jpg

The Crab Cakes I did in the CI with some butter

c.jpg

Can't forget to toast the bun! Bought some "Texas Sized" buns for this one as well!

d.jpg

All the Patties ready

m.jpg

I made up some quick "Remoulade" for the dressing (in quotes cause I don't do horseradish) :

• Mayo
  • Grey Poupon
  • Paprika
  • Tony C's Seasoning
  • Pickle Juice
  • Tobasco
  • Garlic

IMG_20200717_171303.jpg

Assembly time! From the Bottom up:

• Toasted Bun
  • Remoulade
  • Butter Lettuce
  • Crab Cake
  • Turkey Burger
  • Beef Burger
  • Sweet Onion
  • Tomato
  • Butter Lettuce
  • Remoulade
  • Toasted Bun

o.gif

a.jpg

Final Thoughts:

This was a beast of a burger. Each patty weighed in at 9-10 ounces. It took some squishing and unhinging of the jaw to eat! Most surprising of all was the taste... It actually kind of worked. There was still a lot going on but I was expecting the worst. I was actually pretty happy with it. Each patty was juicy and packed with flavor. Using some overlap on ingredients helped to blend it together a bit more. The Fries were a good pairing too. The sweetness went well with the mojito and made for a really good feast! I had to search for some will power to finish it all but I wasn't gonna waste anything haha. Follow up days I did each patty by itself though. And in all honesty, the turkey burger was the biggest winner. I will be making those again with a leaner mix.

TL;DR

200.gif

Three if....

tenor.gif

Side note... This was apparently my last cook on this grill as Weber released a limited edition 26" Kettle in Glen Blue... and I may have bought that one and sold the old one to recoup some cost... Here's to future cooks on this one!

n.jpg

Cheers Y'all!

That looks like something right out of Man vs Food, what a monster burger Zach! Looks like your black kettle was hardly around long enough to get a little grime on it, Like. You might be a bit more of a tidier than I. RAY

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Zach....my friend....have you totally lost your mind sir? As Jake said, that's insane...pure insanity, over-the-top crazy, but I love it!! OMG what a burger. I've never seen, or even imagined something like that. Did you actually make two of them? Looked like two burgers worth, but I might have lost count being totally overwhelmed with the sight of that thing.

Lordy lordy that looks good!!
Robert

That looks insane lol. Tasty but insane. Nice work bud and I like the color on that new smoker. I need to learn to take better quality pics. Your's are always great

Insanity is in the recipe some times :emoji_grin: That Glen Blue really looks great in person. I couldn't pass it up! Cell phone pics and just playing with the editing. No idea what I'm doing, just go til I think it looks good to me haha.

That looks like something right out of Man vs Food, what a monster burger Zach! Looks like your black kettle was hardly around long enough to get a little grime on it, Like. You might be a bit more of a tidier than I. RAY

Definitely needs to be pound plus each patty for a true challenge lol. But, for me this was challenging enough! I had "recently" cleaned up the kettle. really... I left it uncovered in the rain and it was full of ash and I had to work my butt off to get all that mini concrete out! cleaned it up a bit while in there.

Zach....my friend....have you totally lost your mind sir? As Jake said, that's insane...pure insanity, over-the-top crazy, but I love it!! OMG what a burger. I've never seen, or even imagined something like that. Did you actually make two of them? Looked like two burgers worth, but I might have lost count being totally overwhelmed with the sight of that thing.

Lordy lordy that looks good!!
Robert

Lost my mind? Can't lose something I've never had :emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_laughing: It was a crazy idea from conception so I couldn't come up short. I made two patties each cause I was nervous about one falling apart or something going wrong. I had leftovers for a couple days haha. It was one of the more fun cooks/challenges I've done recently. And I got a couple good new recipes out of it. Appreciate it!

what a burger that is, i would have to run it over with my truck to get it flat enough to eat!

It took some persuasion for sure! Luckily my mouth is stretched out from years of shoving my foot in there so often :emoji_grin::emoji_laughing:

My mind immediately went to Madden making a turducken.

Very creative Zach and unique! How I pictured you making your behemoth burger....
View attachment 459064
Thanks Ray! I have made a turducken before too :emoji_wink: and it went just about how you're imagining it haha. Less Maddenisms but still comical.

Now I'm overdue for a turducken again!

I’m not sure about eating the whole thing, but it looks great! The new kettle looks sweet! I can’t get a nice colored one to lazy to clean it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky