lamb shoulder

Discussion in 'Lamb' started by power, Aug 28, 2013.

1. 2nd cook in the WSM. did a lamb shoulder, rub was garlic, oregano, rosemary & lemon! sat on 140F for 12 hours[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    tasted great, even wife liked it

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

2. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks fantastic, great job!!

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]   Nice looking grub!  [​IMG]

4. moikel

moikel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking plate ,not convinced about your beer choice.More of a Coopers drinker myself.[​IMG]

Classic flavours ,pretty big lamb was he? Prefer them big myself better taste for my $.

5. so ms smoker

so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Awesome looking meal!

Mike

6. snorkelinggirl

snorkelinggirl Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks fantastic!  That plated shot is a beauty!

So you smoked your shoulder for 12 hours at 140 deg F?   Is there any chance that you meant 240 deg F??

Have a great day!
    Clarissa

7. your right Clarissa 240F! :rolleyes:

8. skully

skully Meat Mopper

looks awesome!!! great job.  hows that west end draft???  never heard of it but then again your clear cross the planet.  i likes beeer

9. Nice, i'm gonna do me one of them! I was a but confused by the 140f too lol

10. ericparkr

ericparkr Newbie

This superb roasting joint is surprisingly inexpensive and packed with flavour. It can be bought on or off the bone and as a whole shoulder (enough for 4-6 people) or half shoulder (an ideal roasting joint for a hungry couple).

11. ericparkr

ericparkr Newbie

This superb roasting joint is surprisingly inexpensive and packed with flavour. It can be bought on or off the bone and as a whole shoulder (enough for 4-6 people) or half shoulder (an ideal roasting joint for a hungry couple).

12. webowabo

webowabo Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Yum... I missed this original post... not sure how! But that looks great... nice smoke ring. . and I agree... the plated shot is the Money shot here. Will keep my eye out here for lamb shoulder. ..

13. thought I would do another forequarter this morning, with mustard oregano rosemary chilli cumin paprika brown sugar
    [​IMG]

14. Out of the WORLD!!!!!! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing this deliciousness! Cheers! - Leah

15. skully

skully Meat Mopper

mustard??? 

16. yep put a quarter of a jar of mustard on! the dry rub sticks to it!

17. 6hour mark. smells good
    [​IMG]

18. skully

skully Meat Mopper

never thought or heard of mustard on lamb but i guess it works for you.  olive oil/oil/salted butter is the "glue" i/we have ever used for lamb to hold spices. diff strokes i guess

19. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Either works.

Amazingly, using mustard to hold the rub leaves no mustard taste that I can detect.

Good luck and good smoking.

20. was my first time with mustard on lamb! the crust was a bit too hard, and a little too spicy (to much chili) think I might of over shot the mark by 2 hours!
    [​IMG] photo a bit blurry!
    [​IMG]