Lamb Shanks bbbaaaaaahhaaa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paulmart

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 12, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta

Rub
A LOT of garlic chopped
A LOT of fresh rosemary chopped
As much granulated onion as 3 fingers and my thumb could grap
As much white pepper as 2 fingers and my thumb could grap
As much kosher salt as 2 fingers and my thumb could grap

..because accuracy its tough on a sunday morning.

Into the fridge untill smoking time..around 4 hours from now

Anyone have sides or sauces to recommend (nothing too fat)

YUM!!!  I love those lamb racks!    I do mine up with a paste made from EVOO, chopped fresh Rosemary, and S&P. Slather 'em good for a few hours, and onto the grill. Luckily, my wife doesn't care for them, so I have to finish it all......   BTW, that rack looks huge compared to what I've been getting, where do you source yours? 

Sorry, no ideas about sides, as after a whole rack and a couple glasses of somethin', there's hasn't been a need!!

Mark

Wow! Those are some fine looking lollipops! They look absolutely perfectly cooked for my taste. I like my steaks a little more rare but lamb, for me, is best when it's just a shade under medium. As for a side item, we like to go simple. You already have Case's recommendation for a starch, so for a veggie how about sauteed squash? I usually take a Zucchini, a yellow squash, a couple sliced shallots and some sliced crimini mushrooms and saute them over high heat with salt and pepper, then finish with fresh thyme and a dash of either wine, sherry or vinegar. I cut the squashes in half lengthwise then slice on the bias to about 1/4".

YUM!!!  I love those lamb racks!    I do mine up with a paste made from EVOO, chopped fresh Rosemary, and S&P. Slather 'em good for a few hours, and onto the grill. Luckily, my wife doesn't care for them, so I have to finish it all......   BTW, that rack looks huge compared to what I've been getting, where do you source yours? 

Sorry, no ideas about sides, as after a whole rack and a couple glasses of somethin', there's hasn't been a need!!

Mark

Im in Canada. It was -28c when I was smoking them lol
I got those at Superstore. Imported from Austrilia

They have more..im going back

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky