Lamb Pistachio Salami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
Having no kitchen for two months now is distressing me (remodel), but some salami was ready today, so yay!

The flavor in this one is fantastic. It has immediately gone into my 'make again' list. I originally made it in late September, it hit 40% weight loss this week, so a little over four months hanging.

1675433292439.png

Pre-ferment

1675433318351.png

Into the cave in September

1675433356647.png

This morning

1675433377802.png

Uncased

1675433394604.png

Outstanding! Have made some using lean pork and umai casings (no curing chamber yet) and really enjoyed it. Wonder how does lamb flavor compare. Yours looks great!

looks very good,thanks for sharing this!!
Thank you!

Yep! That salami is a very well balanced recipe. It is on my make again file as well! Looks good Loyd. Good definition.
Thanks, I'm really happy with how it turned out. Thanks for the help.

Outstanding! Have made some using lean pork and umai casings (no curing chamber yet) and really enjoyed it. Wonder how does lamb flavor compare. Yours looks great!
Thanks!

Wow.. I bet that has some funk.. in a delicious way.
It doesn't have a whole lot of what I'd consider 'funky'. It's a really clean porky flavor, good spices, and no real tang at all (which I approve of).

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky