Labor day weekend smokes.post them here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capt dan

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 2, 2007
Hey SMF family!, I thought it would be nice to have just a joint thread for folks who want to post a quick addition to this thread with their pics and stories too. Might save some room on the site, might not. anyways, I'll start.

Todays gathering of 20-25 folks will have Butts, fatties, beans(dutch's), and chickens, plus a few sides(not in smoker).
Here is the start of the sunday morning, butts have been in for about 4 hrs now.

Gonna be upper 80's and clear and sunny today. I think the pool will get a workout for sure! And the butts at 135, 4 hrs into it!

I'll put a few in later after other meats get in the pit. Please feel free to add your pics/stories.
icon_smile.gif

Good idea Dan.

Here's my story ...... Labor day is also my birthday, so to celebrate i'm going to do my first whole brisket.

Other supplies

Not sure when i'm starting yet. The stepdaughter has to work at 5:00pm tomorrow so i'm loooking at my first allnighter. Have all next week off work anyway so hey ... may as well. !!

gonna do spares, got three racks, then found out more people were coming so I am doing a butt, also, probably some beans too.

yall have a great holiday.

Did my Q Saturday, was a birthday celebration as well. 3 racks of spares, 2 whole chickens and a dozen baking taters. Then chunked beef chuck, potatoe, zuchini, yellow sqaush & onion kabobs on grill, a dozen 16" skewers total. Lots of sides brought by friends...good feed, good fun.

Well this isn't my big smoke for the weekend, but I got up at 5:30 and made a breakfast fattie for the wifey's brunch.

I browned the potatoes first and put two kinds of sharp cheddar. and a few scramblers. I kept it pretty simple.

I overstuffed it a little. He's not chubby, he just big boned!

the wifey, is just getting up now. kind of like a folgers commercial, sep' smokier.

Man I am hungry for breakfast!

Biscuits and hot sauce, Rocklands Global warming.

I am doing a rack of spares and a low country boil for tomorrow picnic.
post them later.

Happy Labor day!!!!

I have 2 racks of spareribs and a chicken out on the smoker now. Have Dutch's beans ready to go in the oven later on and will be trying my first attempt at smoking corn on the cob today. Should be a pretty good feast.

Mike

Qview coming soon, I've got a 9lb butt, BB's, cheddar brats on right now and just finished eating a plain jane fattie from this morning.

Using my Thermoworks MTC for the first time today and like it so far.

I'm just smoking another brisket. Bet yall are getting tired of my brisket pics, seems thats all I smoke. My excuse is, "Im from Texas".
Me and my girls went and ate at Risky's BBQ last night then we went to the Stock Yards rodeo. Riskys was good, but I think I can do better.
I took a few pics of the rodeo. I apologize for the blurriness.
I didnt get any of the bulls. I was too busy hootin and hollerin.
Heres todays brisket.

Heres the beef!!

Here we are, one the greatest cooking days of year!
this is the beginning
Nice rack of spares, rub down with Banana ketchup, and jamaican firewalk rub from dizzy pig co.

Yes, I said Banana ketchup, taste just like ketchup, but bananaie

rubed and ready

nice pic of a just picked, half peck of peppers.

I keep ya'll posted, and later on for dinner we are doing a Low Country Boil, and just so I can legitamately post it on q-view, i'll throw the pot on the grill.
icon_idea.gif

some say about end of smoken season i say the fun never ends just about got the outdoor smoken area finished. just a fatty and sausage for coworkers tommorrow. will have finished pics later

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky