• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Labor Day brisket

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Good idea putting bacon on top!

Al

johnboybaker

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 8, 2016
Yelp the plan is to let the baccon rinder down in the brisket like the fatcap would i hope it works the last time my wife got the trimed flats they turned out a little dry with just the water pan and spraying them.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
I have to congratulate you Johnboy. If my wife brought home briskets trimmed like that , I would have cured them and made pastrami or corned beef.  BUT you my friend went the extra mile and made a smoked brisket.  

Looks awesome!  Point to you!

Brian  

gr0uch0

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 30, 2016
Good save, JBB.  Also kudos for not filing divorce papers or starting WWIII. 

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
You deserve points for the brilliant idea with the bacon. Oh yeah, the brisket looks great, too!

Disco

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
of course we all know everything is better with a little bacon, right Disco?  hahaha.., bacon is .,,well....just outstanding in a lot of ways.

HT

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.