Kroger ad has brisket at $2.99lb.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good price and is choice! Normally a couple times a year they drop it down to $1.99 lb. I load up big time then. I still have one left in the freezer from last year. Even bought a couple and ground up into burger meat. Hard to beat for that price!

Good price and is choice! Normally a couple times a year they drop it down to $1.99 lb. I load up big time then. I still have one left in the freezer from last year. Even bought a couple and ground up into burger meat. Hard to beat for that price!
Just curious about your grinding process. When you grind a packer for burgers do you grind the entire packer? Do you trim off any fat? Do you remove any silver skin beforehand?

G

My local Kroger had a couple packers at $1.99 a pound a couple weeks ago, and I snapped up the only two they had. Haven't seen them since :(

I remember some people saying $1.99 but have never seen that here or maybe a store only thing. Didn't really believe that different cuts could taste better but do now and totally plan on grinding some for burgers too.

hmmm, I need to look here too. I would grind one for burgers at that price. freezer is still too full to save one for later.

well not here ... $3.99/lb in UT :(. Costco is still better than that for prime by a couple dimes and choice @$2.78

thanks for the heads up.!

Checked the ad for our local Kroger and its $2.99 lb here too. I also noticed they had baby backs and pork tenderloin twin packs for buy one get one free

Our local ad doesn't have brisket unfortunately... but they do have boneless ribeye steaks for $7.49 a pound

Checked our ad and they have boneless half ribeye's for $5.99 lb. I have bought these before and cut steaks out of them they are excellent

Just curious about your grinding process. When you grind a packer for burgers do you grind the entire packer? Do you trim off any fat? Do you remove any silver skin beforehand?

G

Hey Riverside. I grind up the whole packer. When I did it was a bit of a learning curve since it was my first time but I have done it a couple more times since. I trim some of the super hard fat off of there mainly the deckle and of course the silverskin and then just grind the rest. Makes damn good burgers. I preferred it to chuck but that's just me. Wife prefers leaner meat.

Sorry, has to be a regional thing, nothing here except ribs and t-bones… But thanks for the heads up! John [/QUOTE

Not so John, our Fry's is related to Kroger. I was in the Fry's on Val Vista today and they had brisket for $2.99lb. They also had some gorgeous pork ribs that tomorrow go for 99¢lb if you have their clip and save online things. I do and am going back tomorrow for the ribs, too good to pass up. Sam's has prime brisket for $3.68lb, choice for $3.06, if I wanted a brisket I'd go to Sam's and cop the prime unless I was going to use it to make my hipshot burgers. Fry's sells all kinds of stuff under the Kroger brand, I was liking the look of their mustard/deviled egg tater salad. RAY

Ray, I know Krogers bought Fry's many years ago and some specials do translate but, looked at the Fry's near me and they were not showing any sale on brisket in their online deals for my closest store, remember we are both technically in the SE Valley but quite a distance from each other, so it is possible that I am outside of the metro Phoenix area a bit as I am very far south and east of you.

John

Reactions: sawhorseray
Wasn’t in my ad for central Arkansas. Actually was in there today looking for something else and checked the price, still 5.99. Sams club was 3.60ish for prime and 3.40ish for choice I think. That’s pretty normal for here.

Ray, I know Krogers bought Fry's many years ago and some specials do translate but, looked at the Fry's near me and they were not showing any sale on brisket in their online deals for my closest store, remember we are both technically in the SE Valley but quite a distance from each other, so it is possible that I am outside of the metro Phoenix area a bit as I am very far south and east of you.
John

Yeah John, I see on the map Chandler goes from right next to Gilbert all the way to Queens Creek, that's some distance. Today begins a 4-day sale at Fry's, if you click on the special in their website coupons, really nice pork ribs are 99¢ lb. I'm going back this morning after we drop Bob off at the vets to score as many as I can. RAY

Our local grocer had packers for sale last week for the nominal price of 9.00/lb. Needless to say I walked right on by.

Chris

Yeah John, I see on the map Chandler goes from right next to Gilbert all the way to Queens Creek, that's some distance. Today begins a 4-day sale at Fry's, if you click on the special in their website coupons, really nice pork ribs are 99¢ lb. I'm going back this morning after we drop Bob off at the vets to score as many as I can. RAY
Keep goin west and south from Chandler...I am in Sun Lakes

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky