Klose 20x30 offset burner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mychops

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
Great find on craigslist. Found this Klose offset for $400. I read and read about what to look for on these forums. Some rust and pitting in the firebox and near the deflector plate.

I spent a couple hours cleaning it out. Disassembled the entire rig and then wiped off surfaces with a rag and sponge. I then used a steel wool scouring pad and hit the spots with build up and rust. Vacuumed out all the rust and debris then sprayed all grates and inside surfaces with cooking spray.

Fired it up last night to re-season, added wood and monitored temperature (fluctuated between 225-400) which lasted for about 2-3 hours. I plan to hit all cooking surfaces with cooking spray one time before the first cook.

The below photos are before seasoning.

Attachments

• IMG_2656.JPG
    IMG_2656.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2657.JPG
    IMG_2657.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2658.JPG
    IMG_2658.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 87
Great looking smoker. You will really like the grill feature on the top of the firebox. My LoneStarz smoker has one and it is awesome for doing a reverse sear.
Thanks! Do you have any thoughts on fixing the firebox? It has surface rust. I scoured it and greased it down with canola. Does high temp paint do the tRick?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky