kitchen sink rub for pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rocswx

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 7, 2013
Imsmoking a pork loin today. I made up s rub that igonna call my "kitchen sink rub" we'll see how it turns out.

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup paprika
2 tbs garlic powder
2 tbs black pepper
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp cumin
2 tbs onion powder
2 tbs chilli powder
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp celery seed

It smells great!! Going to warm it up @ 185 for the 1st hour then jump up to 250 till it gets to about 155 internal. I usually cook my pork to 170 in the oven but from what I've been reading I guess you only need to take it to 145-150? I'm going to try it. Pics to come.

Oh ya, I forgot to say that the loin weighs 4-1/2 lbs. And I'm smoking it with cherry chips. I've taken a lot of tips from reading on this site. I love smoking meats.com!! I've smoked some in the past but, since I've joined here I've taken it up a few notches.

popcorn.gif

What is that icon mean? Jrod? I can barely see it on my phone.

How'd it turn out? I smoked some bacon wrapped, pork tenderloin a few months back that turned out great!

It was good. I think ill delete the cinnamon & cut the paprika in half but overall good. I smoked it to almost 160 degrees. It was on the virge of starting to get dry. Think ill pull it out around 150-155 next time. I did wrap it in foil & a towel and let it rest in a cooler for an hr when done smoking. That helped it stay moist. My son went back for 3rds!! So like I said, it was good.

Pull it around 143-148, wrap, and let rest!  Pork needs an IT of 145 to be considered "cooked" these days.  Pulling at any time in the 140's and allowing for a resting period will result in the juiciest, best tasing, most amazing piece of pork you've ever eaten.

Reactions: rocswx
Looks good...sounds like the son likes smoked loin. I have a few in the freezer and this makes me want to get to smoke'n one. The inside of your MES is a lot more photogenic than mine. Again nice job !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky