Kitchen Sink Pizza (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Calling this the Kitchen Sink Pizza because it has pretty much everything on it but the kitchen sink. Found out two weeks ago after 15 years of hanging out together that two of our best friends are pizza junkies. Weird...after all this time and literally hundreds of meals together this has just come to light. With the help of some really good folks here I've finally gotten pizza dialed in to a point and am turning out some pretty good stuff. I offered to make pizza for them this past Saturday and they accepted. It was different. Always been BBQ or some sort of upscale meal but never anything this low key.

Start with homemade dough ala Smokin' in AZ Smokin' in AZ and sawhorseray sawhorseray
003.jpg

Defrost the meats: spicy Italian sausage, spicy pepperoni, and salami
001.jpg

Appetizer plate with Hawaiian Portagee sausage, smoked Gouda, and club crackers
002.jpg

Roll out the dough on a floured pizza stone. I use the stone for a size reference and to try to get it somewhat round
004.jpg

Lay the 14" CI pizza pan over top of the dough and flip over
005.jpg

Missed taking a pic of this but I sliced some 1/4" x 1/4" strips of Gouda, lined them around the outside edge of the the CI pan, and rolled the dough over top. A stuffed crust if you will.
006.jpg

Sauce and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
007.jpg

Add the meats (I did cook the spicy Italian sausage before putting it on the pizza)
008.jpg

Onions, red bell pepper, and artichoke hearts
010.jpg

Green olives, black olives, and Kalamata olives
011.jpg

Lotsa mozz and some parsley
012.jpg

All done. Cooked it on the grill and took about 20 minutes at a temp around 400
013.jpg

Sliced and ready to chow down
016.jpg

Wow...this was one really thick and filling pizza. It was a struggle to get the second piece eaten. All in all though it was a big hit. Everybody enjoyed it and said they'd never had anything like this before. Our friends indicated that they really likes a Super Supreme. I've never ordered or made one before so just kinda threw stuff on this that seemed to make sense. I honestly believe that what really set this over the top is that the dough, sauce, sausage, pepperoni, and salami were all homemade. The topping cheese was 100% whole milk mozzarella that I shredded that morning so it was fresh. Another member made mention of that being the best cheese to use on pizzas and I've found it to be best on a number of things so I just buy huge blocks of it, shred what I want for now, and vac seal what's left till I need more.

Well this one is a wrap. See y'all on the next one...and stay safe out there.

Robert

Holy moly Robert, what a masterpiece, and you made everything yourself just short of milking the cow for the cheese, huge Like! I've never tried the stuffed crust, but it's a great idea that I'll be incorporating soon, and thanks for the shout-out. RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
That's one heck of a pizza Robert! I can see why it filled ya up. Not an olive fan so Jake can have my olives then it would be perfect.

Ryan

downloadfile.gif

Dang Robert I didnt eat breakfast this morning! Lol! I love all those olives and the artichokes! Totaly agree with you on the fresh mozzarella...its the best! And all the homemade stuff takes it over the top! Very nice sir!

• Wow
200.gif

That pizza looks awesome man. Really like the stuffed crust aspect of it too never thought to try that on homemade pizza. Keep it up you are going to put Digiorno out of business!

That's some nice pizza right there Robert! Nothing low key about it. Hell, if you're invited to a pizza party around here, you're doing something right in life!

Very nicely done!!

Looks excellent Robert! I'm sure it was off the charts good. Nice work!

That pizza looks really good.
Great job.
Sad part is... I could eat the whole thing by myself in one sitting.
Yes I am a pizza junkie.

Great looking pizza I'm with Brokenhandle though you can have my olives like but not on pizza.
I would like some hot pepper flakes on my piece though.
But glad you made some friends happy.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky