Kitchen Remodel

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
My wife has wanted to remodel the kitchen for years. We finally had it done.

Before:
oven_001.jpg

And Now.

kitchen_remodel_001.jpg

kitchen_remodel_002.jpg

kitchen_remodel_003.jpg

kitchen_remodel_004.jpg

That looks great. I like the farmhouse sink and the big window behind it. Is that a granite counter top ?

We need to do that here. I'm thinking painting the cabinets white, or an off white like Jeff has in his kitchen in his videos. That's the current thing, but I'm an old fashioned guy who likes stained wood.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Thanks for the likes and replies.

The countertop is real black granite with lots of gold sparkles.

The doors and drawers are all self closing.

The backsplash is stone. The stove is GAS, as it should be.

We are not fans of the modern look and we went with a country feel to match the rest of the house with touches of modern with the stainless. The oven hood also vents to the outside.

I also added LED lights to the pantry to make it easier to see what's in there.
kitchen_remodel_008.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job on the kitchen. My wife wants to redo ours also. So this will be the last time I look at this thread. I don't want her to get any ideas.

Chris

Looks really nice! Love that sink... great for doing the big stuff, that we all need of course!

Ryan

Taking notes for my retirement home (that is.. the last house I build/buy). And a gas cooktop/range is top of the list with a sink like yours second.
I really like you redo!!! Great work and choices.

Jim

Wow! All of your materials are top-notch. and the Sink. I'm jealous. The lighting in the pantry is great! I might have to get someone to come in and do that for us. Way beyond my abilities! But, worth it! Enjoy!

Wow, Chris_in_SoCal Chris_in_SoCal , that looks fantastic, congrats big time!
That is the project Pam and I have scheduled with our contractor for May 1st. It is crazy how similar our kitchens are. Trade places of the stove and sink and the layout is the same. We ordered the new cabinets and white fired clay farm sink last Saturday. We will be going with a white/light grey quartz counter top.
Again, congratulations to you and your wife for the beautiful new kitchen.

Love the crown molding on the cabinets
How many times you flip that piece around when making that inside 22 1/2 " miter ?
Lol , damn thing never looks right in the saw .

I have upper and lower trim on my wall cabinets painted black to match the dark counter top .
That would really set these off because his counters are black .
Just wait 'til the natural light darkens that cherry . Gonna really add to it also . Fantastic design on this space from the quality to the textures .

How many times you flip that piece around when making that inside 22 1/2 " miter ?
Lol , damn thing never looks right in the saw .
After I finished her kitchen my baby sis decided she wanted pre-finished oak ceiling molding in her dining room. I remember that stuff required some goofy 32.9º compound angle cut on the inside corners, was just brutal doing it alone. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
Got a house crying for an update.
Nice features on the new kitchen.

Got an underhung single sink in our FL apartment. Now that I am used to it, the house will probably get a single bowl, too. Not sure if going with the farmhouse style with the full apron.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky