Kitchen Aid mixer meat grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KM0AGA

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 25, 2022
Iowa
I just ordered this. It is all stainless steel made in the US of A. The company is called Smokehouse Chef out of Texas.

It was $159.00 with free shipping and no tax. Kitchen Aid meat grinder

I have never made sausage and figured this was the best way into learning this process without going crazy.

Attachments

• KAmixer.png
    KAmixer.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 24
I just ordered this. It is all stainless steel made in the US of A. The company is called Smokehouse Chef out of Texas.

I have never made sausage and figured this was the best way into learning this process without going crazy.
I have been told that is a quality piece, please update when you use it!

Reactions: chopsaw
That's awesome... welcome to your new addiction (sausage) ...

But in the future do yourself a favor and DO NOT buy the stuffer attachment... Get a stand alone stuffer ...
ur killing me...another attachment I will need...lol

Myself.. I strongly advise against that one.. The elbow out of the bottom of the canister holds a lot of meat that doesn't make it into the sausage....

I suggest the LEM 5lb mighty bite... it has steel gears and theh tube comes out the side of theh canister at theh bottom leaving a lot less meat...

Or one similar

Reactions: jbo_c and DougE
okay. I saw Hakka on a YouTube channel.

I have the stuffer attachment for my KA, and it's a PITA. I really bought it to test the waters, and see if wanted to really get into making my own sausage. It was only around $12, so what the hey. Long story short, I'm buying a stuffer.

I have the stuffer attachment for my KA, and it's a PITA. I really bought it to test the waters, and see if wanted to really get into making my own sausage. It was only around $12, so what the hey. Long story short, I'm buying a stuffer.
yeah mine came with the stuffer/grinder, thought the same as you...cheap way to test the waters.

yeah mine came with the stuffer/grinder, thought the same as you...cheap way to test the waters.
The grinder works ok for small batches. The stuffer not so much. The tube is too high off the table, and you have to work a ballet with your hands to keep the process going. I'm going back to using my Jerky Cannon until I get a real stuffer.

I used a Kitchen-Aid grinder & stuffer for years. I bitterly regret not buying a real grinder sooner, it takes maybe 10% of the time that my KA took to grind 5# of meat/fat.

I have one and sometimes us it for breakfast sausage. They work well if you are not in a hurry or grinding up small batches. Clean up and storage is is easy, I just put mine in the dishwasher. keep it cold, it's small and will heat up quick.
It is a good start into sausage making and like you say you don't have to go crazy(maybe you wont like the hobby).

That is the best KA attachment on the market, you got the right one! Like others, I recommend the 5lb LEM stuffer, or actually a 7 or 11 lb one. Walton's has decent.

I seem to recall someone here who wrecked their Kitchen Aid with one of those things. Motor went ka-blooey, and tore off the top of the mixer. Can't remember who it was, though.

I started with a KA grinder (the plastic one), but got a stand-alone grinder once I realized how much stress it was putting on the mixer.

The grinder I bought turned out to be a POC, so I recently got a LEM#8 (I never do more than 5lb batches) and am VERY happy with it!

I will be doing small batches for sure. No more than 5lbs for sure.

Next question. Can you mix meat with the KA using the dough hook?

I will be doing small batches for sure. No more than 5lbs for sure.

Next question. Can you mix meat with the KA using the dough hook?
I've mixed with both the paddle, and hook. I grind into the KA bowl, pop on the paddle, or hook, and mix away. Keeps cleanup to a minimum. Having said that, I'm with SherryT SherryT and going to get a dedicated grinder, and stuffer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky